mychoi

Help me choose a luminizer :)

Guerlain meteorites, becca shimmering skin perfector, or ambient lighting powder in luminous??? maybe benefit's high beam? But I'd much prefer a powder

the shimmering skin perfector is the cheapest, then hourglass, then meteorites.

give me your knowledge, beauty gurus!image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

crayzeeRN

Re: Help me choose a luminizer :)

(0) Hearts

I have the regular Candlelight and yes, it is more like an all-over face illuminator like Hourglass, and very sheer.

Kiki1517

I don't really know the Bare Minerals colors, but I'm pretty light right now (NC20) and it shows up with the faintest swipe.

Spyski

(0) Hearts

Wow, the LM one didn't show up on your skintone? Hmm, that's strange, I'm NC20 with yellow undertones right now and it did for me, then again I used a little bit of a denser brush (the little brush that comes in the too faced tan without the twinkle kit) and it worked perfectly, but fan brushes I've found put a more sheer sheen which is also good for just a hint of luminizer. 

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

I swatched them both in store next to each other and for some reason the LM was super sheer and the TF was really shimmery.

crayzeeRN

Ooooohh.... *adds to love list*

janinebt

Hi mychoi,

What's your skin like? Are you normal, oily, or dry?

Normal: you can get away with any of the three.

Dry: Stick with high beam :smileyhappy:.

Oily: I'd recommend going with Hourglass or Guerlain!

Whimsically yours,
Janine
mychoi

(0) Hearts

I have slightly oily skin that I keep in bay with tartes micronized clay setting powder. I'm really liking both hourglass and guerlain!

crayzeeRN

I always go swatch happy when I can't make a decision!

upload_3796031090797994024.jpg

highlighter.jpg

highlighter2.jpgupload_3333070944362665277.jpg

upload_7939006922465058209.jpg

Personal favorites: Powders- NARS Albatross, Benefit 10 

Cream/Liquid- Benefit Watt's Up, Stila Liquid Luminizer in Pink and Rose Gold

rdesigns

[ Edited ]

The Hourglass Luminous Light is gorgeous on your skin!  It does what it is supposed to do, but it looks very natural with your skin color.  What a great match for you :smileyhappy:

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

You're too sweet!! Lol, these swatches are all from different websites and aren't my own skin sadly!

rdesigns

Even so, thanks for posting the swatches!  It really shows me that I would definitely have to try these on in a store rather than just purchase one online to get the optimal blend/match.

mychoi

(0) Hearts

Ooh thanks for the swatches! I'm liking the Edward bess afterglow also!

reflectsgold

i have the becca shimmering skin perfector in rose gold and i love it. 

MarB87

I love Becca’s Shimmering Skin Perfector—which I own in Topaz. I have also swatched the product in Moonstone and Opal, and both colors are beautiful as well. The product is not sparkly, but gives your skin a soft, classy, subtle luminescence…aka the J. Lo glow. A little goes a long way too, so the product lasts a very long time.

shinybananas

Do you want to add a glow to your whole face or use a highlighter on your cheekbones, etc?  If it's the former, I'd say go for meteorites or Hourglass's offerings.  Both are subtle and make you look like you have your own lighting team with you at all times.  I may also add MAC's Luster Drops mixed with foundation to that list, as well.

As for highlighters, that's probably more dependent on your skin tone and coloring.  Becca's shimmering skin perfector is quite lovely.  I have it in Opal and use it quite often.  I also really like Shiseido's Luminizing Satin Face Color in High Beam; they also have a champagne color if you're a bit darker/warmer.  Bare Minerals' Ready Luminizer is also awesome.  I have an LE one, but now they offer the duo with both former LE shades.  That thing will last you forever and a day.  Let's see, I also use MAC Lightsweep when I want something a little more subtle, but still very pretty.

God, there are so many great options.  The one's I listed are only SOME of the ones I have...I have an undying lust for highlighters, I suppose.

mychoi

(0) Hearts

I wanted to dust it all over my face but be able to use another swipe to give an extra oomph to my cheekbones and forehead. I have a powder foundation so thats why I prefer powder luminizers. Does that make sense or am i completely wrong? Haha I have fairly light skin with yellow undertones and a slight tan. I kinda want meteorites more for the novelty of it.

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

I love my meteorites!!! They have a real softening effect, smell wonderful and it just makes me feel fancy! :smileyhappy: Also, if you haven't considered it, LORAC's Perfectly Lit luminizing powder is on of the only things I have ever hit pan on! I use spotlight but there are softer colors! LOVE IT!

mychoi

Cool thanks! I thought I narrowed my search down but now I gotta expand it with all these suggestions!

bombshell30

I love my meteorites!!! They have a real softening effect, smell wonderful and it just makes me feel fancy! :smileyhappy:

aviscardi

i just went to Sephora last week to get the HG luminous light. For some reason when i swatched it again it seemed more glittery than the first?! i have no idea lol. but i went over and swatched the becca skin perfector in moonstone and had to have it.   i think i may even like it more than my mac lightscapade. A great everyday natural one is the stila all over shimmer duo in kitten. I use the lighter side mostly. the bronzy side is more of a summer color to me

mychoi

(0) Hearts

I'll add that into my list of things to swatch!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 54 replies
  • 80 hearts
  • 22 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • reflectsgold
    • hydee77
    • aviscardi
    • annonymous1
    • lilyyy