Answer
paledoll
Help for my Mom's sun and chemo aged skin...

Hello! My mother was recently down about how her face looks. She is in her 60s, grew up as a dairy farmer's daughter (in the sun..A LOT) and has gone through chemo on two seperate occasions. She now helps my grandmother when needed and does stuff for my dad, who has become disabled. Needless to say, I think her skin is a bit stressed. I think she's beautiful, but if this could help her make her feel better about things..

My sister is marrying toward the end of the year, and she really wants to look her best for photos. (She normally shys away from them).  I thought a weekly exfoliation, plus an intensive moistorizor for the skin would help with the base. But I don't know what products would be best for aged/chemo skin. Also any ideas on a good primer/foundation for her? She is pale/slightly tan (she tends to stay out of the sun these days).  As I stated, I am used to buying for me (30 years old), and am a bit clueless for the mature lady.  I got her to the Clinque counter once, but they suggested about a billion products to buy on the spot, so she was turned off. (And a bit fustrated). Thanks for your hellp!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
melissabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi Paledoll,

I had a close relative that had to go through radiation for cancer. Afterwards, her skin was really dry and she felt as though her skin lost it's elasticity.

I agree with Beautytester, is your moms skin dry? It is a lot simpler just to start off with a few products! Gentle cleanser, exfoliator, spf moisturizer and serum.

Let us know and we will be glad to suggest some products!:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
paledoll
(0) Hearts
Hi there again!

Thanks for all the help!

My mom thinks that she has combo skin, and the doctor didn't really give her any restrictions (just no soy for food). So I think I'll try the Immortelle Precious Cream for a day and night cream (I will get her a sunscreen to wear) and the Caudalie Pulpe Vitaminee eye and lip cream to start. What do you think?
Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • paledoll
    • melissabt
    • ChicDabbler
    • miabt