SydBristow

Help finding good eye brushes?

I have a few brushes but find I am short a good domed eye shadow brush and crease brush. I have sets from Bare Minerals, Smashbox, Eco Tools and Laura Mercier. They all do ok but I love how soft the Laura Mercier brushes feel and find this works well for blending, just that the ones I have are a bit big.

I am open to suggestions/input. I did do searches on the board before posting and know brushes have been discussed quite a bit, but I had a hard time narrowing down to the couple I need.

Also, I've been using the Bare Minerals brush cleaner but have heard some people use olive oil (did I dream that? Lol).  Guidance on how best to take care of my brushes appreciated too!

Here's a link to my brushes:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/280097/image-id/58157i713DF50582BF908E

spoiledbrat

Re: Help finding good eye brushes?

it's those "happy pills" i am so fond of; thanks Doc :smileywink:  actually i rarely drink, but i do like a nice cocktail from time to time and Tito's goes with everything! A little Tito's and Jack Rudy over ice - yum!

veronika23

lol.  I love my white russians :smileywink:

veronika23

I have pretty much all MAC brushes and love them.  Some are 10 years + and still look great!  I prefer not getting them in sets because I think in the sets they are shorter.  I like having long handles on my brushes.

Kiki1517

Me too! They showed me some sets the last time I was picking up a few brushes and I'm like no. I couldn't resist the duo fiber set though just because I don't have any similar ones. I have the Real Techniques duo fiber set but they're completely different. I really wish MAC would put together at least one long-handled set. I have big hands, I prefer big brushes :smileyvery-happy:

veronika23

Yeah would be nice!  I guess they make them for travel.

spoiledbrat

Syd i told you the brush master is Kiki and she is personally helping you - she is so special and so are you :smileyhappy:

Kiki Kiki she is swell

let's give Kiki a great big yell

yay Kiki - rah Kiki

yay rah Kiki!!!

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

Ok you guys were cracking me up last night, lol! I was too tired to post anything but late into the night, in the glow of my tablet screen, I would burst into giggles. :smileyhappy:

Brat, didnt know you were a poet! :smileywink:

veronika23

brat have you been drinkin' lol :smileyvery-happy:

Kiki1517

Hmmm I want some of whatever it is hehe! I swear I'm always smiling through the screen though @spoiledbrat!

Kiki1517

[ Edited ]

I've gone through so many different affordable brands and they never live up to my MAC brushes as far as EYE brushes go. Sedona Lace is a good alternative if you can't invest. MAC has some really good sets out right now. Most brush sets they put out are not great quality, but these Stroke of Midnight sets seem pretty decent. I purchased the Mineralize set yesterday and love it! The mua recommended using the 159 blush brush for foundation and it was flawless! But anyway, they have two other sets that have eye brushes in them for $49.50 and the clutches are amazing, I will not be surprised if I go pick up a different set within the week.

MAC-Stroke-of-Midnight-Mineralize-Brush-Set.jpgMAC-Stroke-of-Midnight-Essentials-Brush-Set.jpgMAC-Stroke-of-Midnight-Smoky-Eye-Brush-Set.jpg

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

Kiki, I heard you are The Brush Master :smileyhappy: , I really appreciate your advice!  I have a local MAC, I will have to start a brush collection. :smileyhappy:

ghkim

i think the mac 217 is fantastic for the crease as well as for blending. it can be a bit big though if you are looking for more precision. i like the new wayne goss brushes for a smaller crease brush. if you want to go super high end, the suqqu brushes are really nice but hard to find.

spoiledbrat

look up some of Kiki's posts - she is a brush hoarding aficionado!

missfawnie

I'm not sure if you checked this out, yet, but Charlotte Ronson has a small brush set on sale right now at Sephora. I got this set a couple months ago and I have loved it! It comes with a blush brush, as well as four eye brushes and a lovely brush roll. 

It looks like it has a couple brushes that you may not already have- including their "blender" brush which is a lifesaver. I've had them for a couple months and I haven't noticed any shedding, which is great for such an inexpensive set. 

SydBristow

Oooooooo nice set! And I really appreciate your feedback on how it's worked for you, that's super helpful! :smileyhappy: thank you!!

ChicDabbler

Natural hair brushes can get scratchy over time, just like our hair, so a bit of olive oil will condition it and make it softer again. The silver hello kitty set on sale right now is small/med, compare to my Sephora brushes at least. Also, have you tried the set from Too Faced?

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

I have not seen the hello kitty set nor have I looked at Too Faced, I will check out both right now, thanks! :smileyhappy: And thanks for the info on using oil. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 37 replies
  • 42 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • rosieroseg
    • spoiledbrat
    • dianabt
    • ChicDabbler
    • veronika23
    • ashleynne