SG8Dancer

Help choosing the best/healthiest, daily use, face sunscreen.

[ Edited ]

DTalksAll

Re: Help choosing the best/healthiest, daily use, face sunscreen.

(0) Hearts

I love wearing the PTR Retinol Fusion AM SPF 30 over the OH Truth Serum 

The Retinol is time release and will help with breakouts & anti-aging & it has UVA/UVB protection

And I always keep the PTR Sunscreen Powder Brush in my purse, car... for added SPF during the day if I need it. It doesn't disrupt makeup. 

laurabt

(0) Hearts

Hi SG8Dancer,

My favorite sunscreen is the Lancôme BIENFAIT UV SPF 50+ Super Fluid Facial Sunscreen.  It's lightweight, water & sweat resistant, doesn't give your skin a white tint, and wears easily under makeup. :smileyhappy: -Laura

Lancome BIENFAIT UV SPF 50+ Super Fluid Facial Sunscreen.jpg

chellebean

(0) Hearts

I have super sensitive skin and find that I've broken out to almost all moisturizers (including those included in asian and western BB creams) I've been using the Kiehl's super fluid UV defense, spf 50, one and my skin has responded really well to it. Its EXTREMELY light weight and non greasy (everything you can ask for in a sunscreen)! Although slightly pricey, it lasts a LONG time and doesn't clog pores!

http://www.kiehls.ca/Super-Fluid-UV-Defense-SPF-50/833,default,pd.html?start=1&cgid=face-sun-care

lylysa

(0) Hearts

When you say you break out with "regular" suncreens, could you detail that out more? 

Are you referring to drug store sun screens or sunscreens that contain certain ingredients?

Check into La Roche Posay (sold at Walgreens, Ulta, online, and select drug stores). The sunscreens are fluid and water-like, making them great for oily, problematic, or combination skin as to not feel weighed and greasy on skin.

Their mineral formulas contain titanium dioxide and zinc and are available in higher grades of SPF. They're noncomedogenic, fragrance and PABA free, offer broad spectrum protection, fare fortified with anti-oxidants, paraben free, and safe for sensitive skin.

If you don't have a preference on mineral or chemical based sunscreens and are looking into tinted products (tinted moisturizers or BB/CC creams), check into Kate Somerville's IllumiKate CC Cream. It utilizes chemical and mineral sunscreens, gives broad spectrum protection, and has a powder-like finish.

KS also makes a basic sunscreen called Daily Deflector Waterlight with SPF 50 and broad spectrum protection. This feels similar to the fluid sunscreens from La Roche, due to it's higher TD content, when you first apply it there is a slight white cast, but it fades as it warms up on your skin.

fhgarman

(0) Hearts

I would prefer to use a sunscreen that is mineral based, but I have yet to find one that doesn't look like a horrible white mask on my tan/dark skin. :smileysad: Mineral based ones don't make me break out.

Nearly all chemical ones - even the ones that claim to be non-comedogenic - cause me to have small little whiteheads at the end of the day. No good!

What works for my combination skin is actually the La Roche Posay Primer with SPF 50. It's a great foundation primer, and I'm also trying to be good about wearing SPF all the time now because of hyper pigmentation. So if I don't have time to wear make-up I just wear it alone because it's matte, or sometimes I buff on BareMinerals Mineral Veil with SPF 25 (I mix the original and the tinted in a container so it also doesn't look ashy) for more protection. The La Roche Posay is chemical based SPF, but it doesn't break me out at all.

I'm also thinking of getting a Colorscience Mineral Powder sunscreen in a refillable applicator with a brush. They make high SPF and I've read good reviews. I had one from Peter Thomas Roth this past summer that I liked, but the applicator kind of broke apart on me. It was only SPF 30.

rdesigns

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have used Skin Ceuticals sunscreens for about 10 years, and I have no plans to ever switch to another brand.  I have sensitive skin that can break out at times, and it has never caused me any problems.  They recently reformulated all of their sunscreens into a lighter formula (the sensitive skin formula used to be very thick), and they work wonderfully under makeup.  They even have a nice light tinted formula as well when you don't want to wear any makeup.  They also work very well on skin that has been lasered and needs major protection while healing.  Hope this helps! :-)

gtichick

(0) Hearts

Josie Marans Argan sunscreen! I have really sensitive, pale skin and this is what I use. It has great skin benefits, absorbs quickly and completely, and it just a really great product alone or under make up!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 8 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • gtichick
    • lylysa
    • rdesigns
    • fhgarman
    • laurabt