SG8Dancer

Help choosing the best BB cream:

[ Edited ]

jetsetjourno

Re: Help choosing the best BB cream:

(0) Hearts

I am also fair, but with pink undertones. From the BB/CC creams I've tried, I really like Smashbox's BB cream (good coverage, good staying power, nice finish). I've also tried Dr Brandt's Flexitone BB cream, and found it was way too dark for my skin and didn't adjust. 

An option for you if you want to try out a couple different brands and formulas would be to get the new Sephora favorites kit for BB creams: http://www.sephora.com/bb-buzz-P382578?skuId=1552140

JenJenz

(0) Hearts

I'm around the same age as you with fair skin and pink undertones. So far I've tried the Smashbox and the Dr Jart Premium BB creams and I would have to say that I preferred the Dr Jart. I found it had better coverage, looked more natural and it has SPF 45. The only thing is that it doesn't come in different shades. It comes in a universal shade that is supposed to work for fair to medium skin tones. It may be worth checking out :smileyhappy: Good luck, hope you find one that works for you! 

mberteig

I really like the tarte BB cream.  the coverage is very good, you only need a small amount of product.  I have redness on my nose and chin and this product covers it very well, the best of all the BB creams I tried.  I wear it as makeup for that reason. 

I know you mentioned coverage wasn't a concern, but since they all have SPF to some extent, I think the better the coverage the better the protection.  

SG8Dancer

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

dselbak

(0) Hearts

I'm with mberteig on this - the Tarte Tinted Treatment Primer BB (SPF 30) is my absolute favorite. I tried several and found this to be the best.

I got it in Medium as I have light/medium skin with olive undertones - during the summer I add a touch of bronzer on top, and during the winter I wear it as-is. It's been so good for my skin.

I don't use it as a primer - it's my daily 'coverage'. I throw some moisturizer on, my BB, and go! Also, you really do only need a small amount - I've been using my current tube DAILY for six months and it's got about another month's worth of product in it. Win!

mberteig

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi,

I'm using the Tinted Treatment Primer BB (SPF 30) in light.  I have light skin with yellow undertones and it is a good match for me, the fair was too light.  I also really like the tarte Amazonian clay 12 hour full coverage makeup, which is SPF 15, I use light/medium honey in that.

JGSFLA

(0) Hearts

I really love smashbox bb cream

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

Smashbox CC cream is great, also!

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Hi SG8Dancer,

You have a similar skin tone to me! I have light-medium skin with yellow/olive undertones. I think those are all great BB creams, color wise I found that the Tarte BB in Medium matches really well! It has a primer like feel and has a light-medium amount of coverage.

http://www.sephora.com/bb-tinted-treatment-12-hour-primer-broad-spectrum-spf-30-sunscreen-P377542?sk...

<3 Melissa
kelsey808

(0) Hearts

I have combination skin and Dr. Jart's Black Label made me a little too oily.. might just be me though because I know people with combo skin who love it. But I love Ole Henriksen products and just found out he makes a BB/CC cream! and since you like the Truth serum maybe look into his Perfect Truth CC Crème? that's probably what I would choose since you're looking for skin benefits rather than coverage (I think the coverage would be too light for my breakout-prone skin...... sigh)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • melissabt
    • jetsetjourno
    • JGSFLA
    • kelsey808
    • JenJenz