Kensiebear

Help a pale girl out? BB/CC Cream and concealer?

(0) Hearts

Pale makeup noob here. I've really only ever worn drugstore makeup, nothing great.

As of late, my skin seems to be really greasy. It's not my diet, but could be either the weather or the new makeup. I've just switched over to Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream in fair to light, and I dunno why but it's just SO greasy. When I put it on, my face just shines, but not in a flattering way. When I'm barefaced I'm not usually a greasy girl.

I'd like to conceal my imperfections (minor redness, pimples when I get them, and undereye bags) and wear a light BB or CC cream. But one's that won't make my face feel heavy and look shiny.

LONG STORY SHORT,

I'm looking for:

• a pale-girl-friendly BB/CC Cream that won't make my face feel so greasy
  • a pale-girl-friendly brightening/illuminating undereye concealer 

It always seems like everything is too dark or orangey for my skin. :\

I'd appreciate any advice and product recommendations! Thanks!

orkira

Re: Help a pale girl out? BB/CC Cream and concealer?

(0) Hearts

I am pale w/pink undertones and use the Tarte BB Cream in Fair.  Love that stuff.  I have an extremely oily t-zone and dry cheeks and it stays put all day even through extreme sweating.  It doesn't oxidize on me either, or feel greasy.

MarenW

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I'm super pale and I blend Lancome's Teint Idole FreshWear in the lightest shade with just a dot of Illamasqua's white foundation. It's light and perfect!

emilykatheryn

(0) Hearts

I'm pale skinned and ridiculously oily and what seems to work for me is using Milk of Magnesia as a primer (weird, yes. but I swear by it, never have to touch up my makeup! Just put a little on a cotton ball and put it all over your face), then I use Jouer Matte Moisture Tint or Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizer and then NYX concealer! 

Titian06

(0) Hearts

Hi, Kensiebear!  For concealer, I use Diorskin Nude in 001 Ivory.  For CC cream, I use Stila CC Color Correcting Cream in 02 Light (yellow undertone).  There is a lighter shade called 01 Fair (pink undertone).  I am pasty white and this is the first BB/CC cream I have found that is actually light enough for me.  I definitely recommend you get a sample.

kelsey808

The Bobbi Brown Face Touch Up Stick is my go-to concealer for breakouts/pimples and redness, I swear by it, and the Corrector is the best for undereyes. As for BB cream, I've tried Tarte's BB Tinted Treatment 12-hour Primer (they say it's a tinted primer but is one of my favorite BBs) it's light coverage and is fair skin friendly! I would go in-store just to make sure it's a good color match for you.

cbellody

Too Faced BB Cream comes in a super light shade called Snow Glow... it is the first BB cream I have found that was light enough for my skin tone. I also recommend Shiseido foundations if you can find them, their Advanced Hydro-Liquid Compact in shade I00 (Very Light Ivory) is good for pale skin.

For undereyes, I use Bobbi Brown Corrector (in Porcelain Bisque) first to neutralize dark circles, and then her Creamy Concealer Kit (in Porcelain) over that. They really work together well to brighten the undereye area and the creamy formula goes on smooth so it doesn't settle into the fine lines or wrinkles.

meleficent

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

For BB creams i get a little biased an lean more towards the Korean brands.  There are very light shades that you can choose from.  I have combination skin and my T-zone can get really shiny.  The BB cream that I am using now is called Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream in number 21.  My skin shade is about an NC20-25.  The lightest shade they have is a number 13 i think.  The coverage is really good.  My skin tone is really uneven with redness and dark circles.  I have used Dr. Jart's BB cream in the gold label but that coverage isn't that great for me and it makes my skin more oily.  You can also try using a loose finishing powder over it.  I like to use Tarte's Smooth Operator with it.

midnightangel

The Olay BB cream is greasy because it's Olay, babe. What does Olay specialize in? Moisturizers. There ya go.

And what is a BB cream anyway? Foundation mixed with moisturizer. If the pre-made ones aren't cutting it, you can make your own by simply combining a foundation and moisturizer that you love. Something made for oily skin would be ideal. I will say that Lancôme Génifique cream serum and Clean & Clear Morning Burst hydrating gel moisturizer are both great for the purpose.

You can also use oil-free sunblock made for faces in place of moisturizer if you plan to be in the sun for a long time. All of these blend quite well with foundation.

Concealers are tough for pale chicks, as I know all too well. I just use CG Smoothers by Cover Girl. They make a shade called illuminator that might be right up your alley.

To combat shine, try using cornstarch baby powder instead of regular powder. Trust me. Not only does it suck up oil better than any cosmetic powder on the market, but it also doesn't turn dark/orange on your skin after extended wear. It also costs way less.

Just a few suggestions for you to play with. Ta-ra!

miabt

Hi Kensiebear,

Your might want to try out the Diorskin Nude BB Cream.  I love the lightweight feel, with all of the coverage I need.  It comes in a range of shades, but I would suggest the lightest, which is 001.  

Dior - Diorskin Nude BB Creme

As far as concealers, try out the Make Up For Ever line!  The shades are so wide and versatile!  Either the Pink Porcelain 1 or Light Beige 3 may work well for you :smileyhappy:

MAKE UP FOR EVER - Full Cover Concealer

http://www.sephora.com/full-cover-concealer-P151107?skuId=1247204

xo, Mia

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • cbellody
    • miabt
    • midnightangel