Help With Foundation For Oily Skin!

I have combination-oily skin. I get shiny and oil in my T-Zone and chin while my cheeks usually stay pretty dry. For a couple years now, I have been using  Clinique's Acne Solutions foundation. I find it doesn't blend as well as I would like and am still oily throughout the day (I do use blotting sheets for excess oil).

I just bought NARS Sheer Matte foundation and their oil-free primer but am not noticing any sort of difference in the appearnace/shininess/oil on my face. I think it actually may be worse. By noon it still looks shinny and I have to blot it. I also use MUFU HD Microfine powder and find when I am put my makeup on the morning this does give me the velvetie feel I want...but again by noon its all lost.

Does anyone in the beauty world have any recommendations? I open to trying almost anything (night lotion, foundation, primer, etc.) to help control the oil and shine. I would like to not have to worry about blotting my face throughout the day

This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
(0) Hearts

I have really oily skin and I love Murad's Oil Control Mattifier and I just follow that up with Smashbox Photo Finish in light (it has no oil).  Then I continue on with NARS tinted moisturizer and powder.  I usually only have to blot once if I'm going out.

Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 11 hearts
  • 7 in conversation