Answer
briebrie2687
Help With Foundation For Oily Skin!

Hello,

I have combination-oily skin. I get shiny and oil in my T-Zone and chin while my cheeks usually stay pretty dry. For a couple years now, I have been using  Clinique's Acne Solutions foundation. I find it doesn't blend as well as I would like and am still oily throughout the day (I do use blotting sheets for excess oil).

I just bought NARS Sheer Matte foundation and their oil-free primer but am not noticing any sort of difference in the appearnace/shininess/oil on my face. I think it actually may be worse. By noon it still looks shinny and I have to blot it. I also use MUFU HD Microfine powder and find when I am put my makeup on the morning this does give me the velvetie feel I want...but again by noon its all lost.

Does anyone in the beauty world have any recommendations? I open to trying almost anything (night lotion, foundation, primer, etc.) to help control the oil and shine. I would like to not have to worry about blotting my face throughout the day

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
dianabt
Answered

I agree, using a toner really helped with my combination skin and kept my makeup staying on longer in the oily areas! Mattifying primers are great and the Murad one was SUPER smoothing to keep my makeup from getting oily or greasy.

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
onomotopoeia9
(0) Hearts
Which toner do you use?
Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 11 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • poemelyric
    • dianabt
    • jennypenny1995
    • lylysa