LittleJolie

Hello, I need help with picking a blush

Hello, I'm 28 yrs old, I have pale skin that is Oily, I have Dark brown hair, and brown eyes. What shade of Blush do I use for my coloring?

lolo01

Re: Hello, I need help with picking a blush

Have you checked out the Nars Deep Throat? I really like that one and also the cargo blushes are nice

LittleJolie

Thank You so much for all your help-Thank You to everyone for Replying!

michmo

I'm fair/light skin, dark hair and eyes.  I liked Nars Orgasm for a while, but after a while it seemed to look ruddy on my face.  

Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush

I switched over to a drugstore brand that was similar to the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 hour blush in DollFace and loved the soft pink color on my coloring.  It looked very soft and natural.    

I recently bought the Josie Maran Coconut Water Gelee in pink escape and LOVE the natural flush of that.  

Josie Maran - Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelée

consolvo

(0) Hearts

@michmo

My daughter loved my Tarte DollFace when she visited recently, but can't afford the real thing at the moment.

If you don't mind, could you tell me the drugstore brand and shade you likened to DollFace?

michmo

Well, let me first say I haven't swatched them side by side, but it was Sonia Kashuk (from Target) in a color called Pink (just plain old pink!).  If you go to that brand website you can see the shades online.  

I will say that I was so happy with the Sonia Kashuk blush....it has great staying power and really great pigment.  

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

consolvo

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Thanks so much! I'll let her know.

Confession: I've never swatched! *hides*

drrragon

@consolvo -- ELF at Target has some great blushes as well!  only be careful because some of them are really shimmery!

consolvo

(0) Hearts

I'll scope those out too, then! Thanks for the tip and the caveat about the shimmer. :smileyhappy:

laurabt

Hi LittleJolie,I tend to gravitate toward peach color blushes because I think they warm up complexions.

A cult favorite blush color that looks great on all skin tones is Nars Orgasm. 

Nars Orgasm.jpg

Also, Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush, Blissful is very pretty

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush, Blissful.jpg:smileyhappy: -Laura

emmaclaire

There are a lot of blushes you could use that would look just lovely, but I think a soft rosy shade would be stunning, yet totally wearable every day.  I recommend Tarte Amazonian Clay blush, and I think "Dazzled" would look wonderful!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • emmaclaire
    • drrragon
    • consolvo
    • lolo01
    • michmo
    • laurabt