SydBristow

Have to take a short business trip, what products to take?

I have a short trip coming up. My skin care and makup routine has gotten a bit...detailed. :smileyhappy: How can I whittle it down to the bare minimum but still look my best? Would LOVE to know what other people do. Thanks! :smileyhappy:

mberteig

Re: Have to take a short business trip, what products to take?

Love all the tips!  When I travel, I also coordinate my wardrobe so to minimize the amount of makeup I take.  Then, one eyeshadow look and one or two lipsticks will work for every day.  Or, I will take a small palette.

For skincare, I have little mini travel sizes of all of my skincare that I usually use, they all fit in a zippered cosmetic bag, and I take that with me.  When the little containers are empty, I clean them and reuse them.  They are small, but enough to last me for a 2 week trip.  I take sample packets of shampoo instead of bottles, small bottles of shower gel and lotion, and one perfume rollerball.

I recently discovered the beautyblender solid cleanser and I love it and use it to clean everything.  It's perfect for travel, and you can use it to clean your makeup brushes and sponges.  I also take makeup cleansing wipes instead of a bottle of liquid makeup remover. 

Since it can be dry on the plane, I like to take a small bottle of something you can spray on your face, plus little individual use eye drops.

I like to use trips as an excuse for some beauty pampering.  I might take a sample pack of a mask or mini-peel or something like that and use it in the hotel room at night, why not pamper yourself?  Happy travels!

spoiledbrat

take me and i will carry your makeup :smileywink:

daisydaisies

Are you flying? Crossing time zones? Long flights dry my skin out like crazy, so I recommend bringing a good moisturizer on the plane - I like to put a light moisturizer on my face (or a moisturizing spritzer) and hands every couple of hours while I'm flying. Otherwise my skin is a mess once I arrive and looks terrible for the rest of the trip. (When I fly, I don't wear any make up except for lipstick/lipstain because I moisturize on flights!).

BeautyJunkie325

Flying is one of the times I'm glad I have oily skin. I never have issues with my skin From the flight.  My makeup looks the same getting off the plane as it did when I got on.  The only thing I ever have to do is touvh up with a little powder and reapply lipstick. 

daisydaisies

You're lucky! Sometimes when I take super-long-haul flights I feel like I need to drench myself in some kind of oil as soon as I get to a hotel!

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

Great ideas, thank you! I found some travel containers that had shampoo and moisturizer for a few years in them, I've cleaned them out, maybe I can put some stuff in those.

I do have some palettes so that will work too. 

Ive been looking for a new case too. I have a medium two tier case with plastic grids in the bottom for containers, zippered pockets on top and holders for brushes. I was drooling over the larger Hold Me case, this is not necessary for travel, it's just to hold my stash at home in an organized way. :smileyhappy:

BeautyJunkie325

I keep a travel "go bag" packed so I never really have to think of anything other than real makeup.  I have a hanging travel organizer that has all the normal essentials - toothbrush, toothpaste, travel size shower gel, moisturizer, razors, etc.  I also have deluxe samples or trial size cleanser (normally 2 different ones), moisturizer, eye cream, primer, etc.  I normally toss a few foil packs of treatment type items in case I need them.  I had a few of the Clinique 3 step packs that were perfect for a few overnight trips - I didn't have to take anything with me.

I typically try to pack a specific color scheme when I travel - like reds/black/grey/white or brown/cream/turquoise, etc - so that I can take 1 eye palette, blush, an eyeliner, mascara, 2 different lipsticks and gloss that coordinates with the clothing I'm wearing.  Plus packing either black or brown I only need 1 pair of dress shoes.  

spoiledbrat

yay BeautyJunkie - i keep a go bag packed too; change it out for fall/winter and spring/summer - i got duplicates of my favorite jammies, clothes, shoes, skin care and makeup, etc. Even better it is a carry on. It is so worth it for emergencies!

lecia1167

Definitely take a good eyeshadow palette. Even if you have a small one with 4-6 colors, you can create a lot of looks. And I also take enough of my skin primer, 2 lipsticks and a liner, face powder and my eyebrow stuff (pencil and powder), Beauty Blender, foundation in a travel container, cotton balls. I find when I'm on a trip, I sometimes have less time to get ready, so if I have to do a quick eye, then I can.

I like to keep any containers I have with samples of my face wash and moisturizer and take those on my trips since the regular containers they come in are way too big.

Oh! And I take no more than 6 brushes with me -- one powder brush, one blush brush and three for my eyes, one for my lips.

melissabt

Hi SydBristow,

When I go on a short trip, I usually do my make up that morning and as I'm getting ready I pack up the things that I use on a daily basis. I think one of each thing is key! Example. 1 blush, 1 brow pencil 1 mascara and also pack an eyeshadow palette:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • spoiledbrat
    • melissabt
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • SydBristow