EPaden

Hair

(0) Hearts

This is what my hair looks like after it dries and no products. It looks like crap! What does my hair need to look healthy and nice? Don't want it to look fake. Right now I'm using Dove daily shampoo & conditioner. What does my hair need from washing and styling? Help make my hair look nice and beautiful for once.

DTalksAll

Re: Hair

I think your hair is beautiful! 

If you're worried about dryness, try a leave in conditioner. 

I like the Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave in Conditioner

swfupload_1151188123700105504.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/moisture-lock-leave-in-conditioner-P242145?skuId=1200070

I keep it in the shower & apply a bit to my ends after I turn the water off, before stepping out. It has really helped keep my hair soft. 

jennydreadful

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I know this **bleep** is expensive but it WORKS. Try a sample sold at most salons. I have to save for this stuff, but hey - if it means skipping a cute outfit or pair of shoes for healthy hair - it's worth it.

Pureology. 

I love love love this stuff. I have very fine, dry hair that tends to be flattened on my head, and frizzy on the ends. How do I keep my blonde mane enviously touchable? This stuff right here, girly. 

I know you think you're doing yourself a favor by buying Dove - but look on the ingredient list. Now really look. Try even googling some of that stuff. Yikes.

Give Pureology a shot. It's made my hair supple and strong. 

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

I don't think it looks like "crap" at all!  I think it would look gorgeous curled, have you tried using a curling iron?  A one-inch barrel would create lovely, voluminous curls that would frame your face beautifully.

Also, one thing I love recommending is a nice serum for thick hair - thicker hair tends to get frizzy when it dries, so a shine serum will tame any frizz, prevent flyaways, and add a beautiful shine.  Sephora offers a TON for you to choose from, but honestly my absolute favorite is by a brand carried on Amazon or at Walgreens.  The brand is BioInfusion and the product is called Keratin Silk Smoothing Serum.  You put a small amount (just a tad bigger than a pea) in your hair after you get out of the shower while your hair is still wet, and once it's dry it's silky, smooth, and shiny!

EPaden

(0) Hearts

I have thick hair and I'm not sure of anything else

EPaden

Thank you that means lot to me. Just stuck with what to do with it to have some control and how to style it.

miabt

(0) Hearts

Hi EPaden,

What kind of hair do you have?  Is it dry, processed, thick, thin?  A little more info would help us find you some great products to try :smileyhappy:  If anything, you can try a product to help give it a more finished look, like the Bumble & Bumble Texture Creme.  It helps define waves a little bit without looking over-done.

Bumble and bumble - Bb. Texture Hair (Un) Dressing Creme

http://bit.ly/1buBlfp

xo, Mia

midnightangel

Are you kidding, lady? Your waves are fabuous! I wish my hair had that much body! 

If it were my hair, I would just use a leave-in spray conditioner and maybe a touch of serum or olive oil on the very tips. Then I would go flaunt those waves to the masses. :smileywink:

lovebird411

I completely agree with midnightangel on this, you have very nice hair!

EPaden

(0) Hearts

photo.JPG

My picture from above question

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • DTalksAll