dianaalynn

Hair Help

(0) Hearts

I have hair that I really love and is down to my high waist. The only problem is that I don't know what style my hair really is! Most of it is straight but there are also just a little bit of random parts that are wavy so which hair type am I? And which products do you recommend to "enhance" my hair style?

kalex

Re: Hair Help

(0) Hearts

I have "combination hair" too.  If left to it's own devices my hair will be both straight and wavy as well.  I've found that my hair will easily hold wave if I use products to enhance them and will also stay straight for days if I flat-iron.

Have you tried using creams or beach spray to bring out the wave?  Will your straight sections stay straight or will they go wavy if you scrunch them?

Or if you prefer to go straight it will likely be easy to flat-iron the wavy sections or blow dry after washing.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

What is the cut/style of your hair? Is it all one length? Layered? Do you have bangs?

dianaalynn

(0) Hearts

My hair is very slightly layered because I am growing out the layers to make it all just one single layer. So I currently have about 3 layers: the longest layer, second layer, and one long layer of bangs. Sorry if this is a bit confusing!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

There's really a variety of styles you can do with basic layered hair and at your length.

Kalex brings up a good point for enhancing and creating waves, which is very popular in Summer. Utilize salt sprays or wave enhancing creams/gels an apply them to hair that is slightly damp/half dry. Either create a braid at the nape of your neck, off to one shoulder, or even in two braids or French braids to help boost the wave effect. When hair is dry, loosen the braids and separate them lightly with your fingers and shake apart for an effortless, beachy look.

For soft curls, almost bed-room hair that is soft and feminine, utilize a styling cream like Living Proof's style primer/extender and twist your hairs into buns. The more buns, the tighter the curl will be, normally two (one on each side) works well, left dry, take down, lightly shake loose, and your hair will have good volume and a very soft curl.

Curling wands are also a rage and you can also create the same look with a regular curling iron, just wrap sections around the barrel rather than use the clamp. Take varied sections ranging from 1 to 2 inches and wrap in different directions so curls look free flowing and organic. You can wrap around the barrel more often for a tighter curl or less for a looser wave.

Also check out some of my posts on up-dos:

Messy bun, tips, tools to use:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hair/hair-styles/qaq-p/380825

Sephora hair idea winner, super cute braided-pull bun:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hair/Sephora-Hair-Idea-Winner/m-p/370119/highlight/true#M480

dianaalynn

Thank you so much!! (: 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • kalex
    • lylysa
    • dianaalynn