EPaden

Hair Help

I need help with my hair.  I have wavy and thick hair type.  It gets frizzy.  How can I deal with wavy/curls (sometimes form some) and frizzy?  Then I need help with ideas and ways to style/ do my hair on days I don't feel like doing much but don't want to look like a gross.  Plus for my job as housekeeper I need to keep it out of my face.  But I want to look cute/girly.   Can anyone help me with this?

Titian06

Re: Hair Help

(0) Hearts

Hi, EPaden!  I've heard/read (here on BT and Sephora reviews) really good things about Living Proof No Frizz shampoo, conditioner.  I haven't used it myself, but it is on my list to buy once my current bottle of shampoo is empty.  (I have wavy/curly fine hair.)  On my non-hair washing days, I pull it back, give it a twist or two, and stick a jaw clip in it (I always seem to get a compliment, too).  Sometimes after I get it trimmed the sides are a little too short to stay in the clip so I use hair pins.  As far as curls go, I always air dry my hair.  I haven't used a hair drying in at least two year.  If you need to use a hair drying, use a diffuser and scrunch your hair as you dry it.  This will help with the curls and help keep the frizzies down.  A suggestion I read about here on BT is not to rinse out all of your conditioner.  I've been trying that this week week.  Not only do I have less frizz, but I have more curls!

melissabt

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi EPaden,

You first might want to start off with using a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner. You will notice a lot less frizz and your hair will feel softer and smoother. Alterna makes a great line to smooth frizz and add moisture.

bamboo.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/bamboo-smooth-anti-frizz-shampoo-P278001?skuId=1312768

Next use a light weight serum that won't way your hair down. I highly recommend the Bumble and Bumble De-Frizz. Its adds tons of shine and can be used on wet or dry hair.

de frizz.jpg

To enhance and waves and curl. Add a quarter size amount (since your hair is thick) to wet hair.

Curl Conscious Defining Creme

curlll.jpg

Once your hair is dry, I also recommend using a texturizing spray like the Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray. It adds volume and creates/enhances waves. It's the perfect volume refresher.

suf.jpg

<3 Melissa
EPaden

(0) Hearts

Why can't anyone help?

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • EPaden