beauty321

HELP!! Need opinions on Clinique CC creams or any others that may match my needs!

Has anyone used the Clinique moisture surge CC cream? I used to wear a lot of makeup, and although i love makeup, lately i have been feeling like I need to wear as little as possible to show my real skin, i think the CC cream would be a good choice for this reason, but I'm not sure HOW much coverage it provides, and don't want to purchase it and not use it because it feels to heavy. Also I'm in high school so i don't necessarily have time to touch up besides maybe once a day. Feelings on the cream or any other product that sounds like it would match my needs? Thanks so much!!

MlleCC

Re: HELP!! Need opinions on Clinique CC creams or any others that may match my needs!

I have both the Clinique CC cream and the Clinique BB cream (the BB was a cast-off from my mother who couldn't make it work for her normal - slightly dry skin).  Regarding coverage, I have combination skin (oily t-zone, dry cheeks) with acne scarring on my cheeks, and neither provided full coverage on the particularly bad areas.  I would probably rate both as light-medium coverage, but be careful to avoid sheering it out too much when you're blending it on your face.  Regarding consistency, while the BB cream was the heavier-feeling of the two, I found that it actually performed much better on the more oily parts of my face but looked cakey and dry on my cheek area.  If your skin type leans more normal than oily and you're not looking for full coverage, between the two, the CC cream is definitely worth a try.

missey1973

Re: HELP!! Need opinions on Clinique CC creams or any others that may match my needs!

(0) Hearts

I love Bobbi Brown but I have very dry skin and her CC cream does not work well for me. I have tried it and I think it covered well but dried my skin out.

gogreyhound

OK, here is an update! I used the CC cream today for the first time, so I can finally give it an honest review. Overall, two thumbs up. It is a thinner consistency, and the color is closer to my actual skin (because there are more shades to choose from). I thought it went on and blended (with my fingers, not a brush or beauty blender) easier than the "full strength" BB cream. It definitely has a dewier finish, but at the end of the day, i can't say my face is any oilier than it usually is by this time. I thought the coverage was good, maybe a bit more sheer than the BB cream. i used it alone under my eyes, and I could have still used a concealer, whereas the BB cream gives me pretty good coverage under my eyes.  I can see this working for me without a moisturizer underneath it.  I honestly like them both, and plan to use either one added to moisturizer to make a lighter-weight version for Summer. 

So overall: CC cream--lighter consistency, slightly less coverage, more shades, dewy finish.

BB cream--thicker consistency, more coverage, fewer shades, matte finish.

Both have good SPF and can be thinned out with moisturizer to make a tinted moisturizer. 

I hope this helps! 

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

i have used the Clinique BB cream, and I like it a lot...it is a bit thick, so i generally thin it out with a half squirt of DDL. I just went in and compared the CC cream to the BB cream. it does have a lighter texture, so I did get some. It has a dewier, more natural finish but is still oil-free. I think it will be good because I wont have to thin it out. Also, there are more color choices with the CC cream.

beauty321

(0) Hearts

Thank you!!

btmod2

Hi beauty321,

I have used the Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream and I really like it :smileyhappy:. I use it on days where I still want my skin to look perfected but I don't want the heavy feeling of a foundation. I always set it with a powder when I first apply it and I have found it lasts for a good 6 to 7 hours without touching up. I'm not sure how the longevity of it is without using finishing powder because I always apply a finishing powder. The CC Cream has about a light to medium coverage. It can definitely be built up to a medium coverage, but one light layer of it gives pretty light coverage. It definitely gives enough moisture on its own where I feel like I don't need an additional moisturizer underneath it. I feel like it has definitely helped with brightening my skin. I would suggest going to a store to get matched with the correct shade. :smileyhappy:
Best,
Randee

Best,
Ty
beauty321

(0) Hearts

Thank you, very informative!

CharliefromNY

I like the Clinique CC cream, but I couldn't find the right shade....It actually provides a lot of coverage for a CC cream....I've tried the Bobbi Brown BB creams, and really like them...easier to get a shade match, and much lighter coverage....(I'm Extra Light in the Bobbi Brown....light skin/blonde/blue eyed...When I spray tan I use the Fair which is a bit darker)...Another good one that lets your skin show through is Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer...light coverage (a bit more than the Bobbi Brown)....

beauty321

(0) Hearts

Thanks so much for the suggestions!

jennypenny1995

The ONLY reason I don't wear Clinique foundations is because of their limited shade selection.  Love the variety of formulas, the packaging, and the prices.  An alternative, although more expensive, is Bobbi Brown.  Phenomenal shade selection!

beauty321

(0) Hearts

I was thinking about Bobbi Brown, but i didn't know the coverage comparison, seeing they are more of a makeup based company where Clinique is a skincare based 

LindenAnn

I used it last summer, it didn't feel heavy at all. Unfortunately it wasn't the best color match for me though. I suggest going to your local Sephora and asking for a sample, that way you can try it out and make sure you like it before buying it.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • jennypenny1995
    • beauty321
    • missey1973
    • LindenAnn
    • gogreyhound