HELP!!! Need a new BB/CC!!!

I currently use Tarte BB Tinted Treatment Primer and I love it. I don't wear much make up, but need sun protection for my lupus. And I like something with a lot of coverage to hide my redness. But I'm finding that in the Georgia humidity, it's getting cakey very quick. I love the light mousse texture for my sensitive, combo skin. Any suggestions for another light BB or CC cream?

Re: HELP!!! Need a new BB/CC!!!

(0) Hearts

I recommend It Cosmetics CC cream. It has an SPF of 50 and is full coverage without looking cakey. The finish is natural and glow-y. I use it without primer and it lasts all day here in sunny California. I recommend looking at

the reviews on all these suggestions on YouTube for more info.

PS: I also tried and used up my Tarte BB cream, but this one is much better!

(0) Hearts

I agree with Dr. Jart Black label Detox. It goes on smoothly with fingers or brush, contains a decent amount of spf and gives nice coverage. The only problem is it comes in only one color. I'm not sure if it adjusts to skintone. It must to some degree because I am paler than the cream and I have no issues whatsoever. I haven't tried Dr. Jart's other creams. Another one you might want to try is Origins (also with spf), it is light-weight but I'm not sure if it would be enough coverage for you. It's my personal favorite. I also sometimes use Smashbox CC cream (also has spf) but that one I think you may find too heavy although it does give more coverage. Perhaps their BB cream is lighter. If you can get to a store that sells these products, I'd get samples. Really the only way to know it to take them for a test drive.

I'm from PA and while our humidity is not quite as bad as yours, believe me it's still bad and one of the reasons I stopped using foundation and switched to BB and CC creams was because foundation would get cakey, smear and slide of in the hot, humid weather. And BTW I always set my cream with a light powder since I have oily skin. If I'm having a "bad" skin day then I'll use a light dusting of a foundation powder like the new Too Faced one, it has good coverage and if you use it dry you can dust in on lightly and it not even know you have it on.

(0) Hearts

I second the Dr. Jart+ Premium BB it's amazing.  With it being so humid where you are you might prefer the Black Label Detox one.  I swap them out depending on the dew point.

(0) Hearts

Dr Jart Premium, Black, Renewalist and Water Fuse

Also try: Dr Jart V7 BB/CC it's 30spf, Dr Jart Radiance and DISAPORE ones

(0) Hearts

Hey! I recently switched from my Peter Thomas Roth CC cream to this Dr. Jart one. It's way lighter and provides SPF 45! It also helps that it's more grey-toned than the PTR one (which is more yellow/orange).

Try it out in store and see if you like it! He has a bunch of different ones, each with a different SPF, shade, and feel to it. The water one is weird, though. 

(0) Hearts

I'm also in need of a BB or CC cream for sensitive combo skin that is even more unpredictable since chemo 7 years ago.  Are the ones recommended in this thread good for someone sensitive to chemicals & fragrances?  I am prone to redness & eczema as well as medication-related hot flashes, so I need something that won't cause a rash or slide off my face.  I loved Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, but now it seems to come off on my sunglasses, leaving spots of missing color on my nose & temples.  I like medium or at least buildable coverage and nothing too dewy or too cakey.  Bare Escentuals powder foundations were my go-to but are too much for daily wear in my office.  I need something fast & efficient & lighter feeling.   Am I asking too much? 

I can so empathize with the base coming off on the sunglasses experience! I'm so glad you posted this, as I was thinking it was just me with the problem. Rather than switch from a product that is working for you in all other ways, I'd recommend you try either a primer or a setting spray or combine them (the latter seems to work for me). Laura Mercier does my favorite primers (and I've tried a lot), but I've only tried Urban Decay's Setting Spray. It works for me, but you may want to try out several on your neck to test for sensitivity issues before buying.

(0) Hearts

I've always had this issue no matter what I apply on my nose. My latest trick is to avoid applying anything on that part of my nose. LOL

Hi ArmywifeJ,

Even though Melissa & Kevin have great suggestions, I thought I'd share one more :smileyhappy:  I was JUST talking to my cousin (who also has Lupus & lives in Florida, aka major heat), and shes a huge fan of the Peter Thomas Roth CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Complexion Corrector.  In addition to the SPF & light coverage, she mentioned shes seen the benefits of the Vitamin C/anti-aging properties :smileyhappy:  Definitely a win-win!!

Peter Thomas Roth - CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Complexion Corrector

http://www.sephora.com/cc-cream-broad-spectrum-spf-30-complexion-corrector-P378194?skuId=1595503

xo, Mia

Hi Armywife,

I've used the Tarte BB Cream and I do love the texture! It does feel like a primer with coverage. You might like the Benefit Benefit Cosmetics The Big Easy Liquid To Powder SPF 35 Foundation, it has a very similar whipped texture and it has an SPF 35. Let me know if you need help shade matching.

big easy.jpg

<3 Melissa

Hi ArmywifeJ! I would recommend trying the Shiseido Perfect Hydrating BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 35 Sunscreen.  This is going to be perfect for that Georgia humidity. (and even going into summer!) It's lightweight, but provides a good coverage and has a great SPF protection.  :smileyhappy: 

Cheers!
Kevin 

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=shiseido%20bb&skuId=1527738&productId=P3789...

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
Photos1
  • big easy.jpg