ayen85

Guerlain meteorites vs hourglass

Im thinking of buying both but how are they any different in terms of finish and lasting power? 

katief241981

Re: Guerlain meteorites vs hourglass

Mimibel: great help.  I think I like the tient rose!  I may just have to get and compare for myself!  Thanks for the pics

mimibel

(0) Hearts

You are welcome! I'm glad I could help, share and....enable! :smileyvery-happy:

mimibel

I can't compare the two you are asking about but I do have 2 Météorite comparisons, since you requested descriptions. I'm going to use both as-is but use some perles to make a custom blend or 2 as well. They are both lovely! Teint Doré is not too dark for pale skin nor is Teint Rosé too shimmery.

I'd call Doré Rose Gold and Rosé Petal Pink. I can see sparkles in the powder and on the perles but they didn't show on my skin once applied. Just the luminosity. The violet scent is strong and does not entirely dissipate on me, though others report it does. But I love that too. 

There is also a video on youtube comparing these to an Ambient Light powder. She said these are more luminous. 
image.jpg

Missie772

Thank you!!! I was wondering if I should get the Teint Dore because I already had the HG Ambient Lighting Palette, but now I really want it! Especially if it is going to be a rose gold glow!!!

mimibel

[ Edited ]

I wanted the Teint Doré even though I'm pale because of the blue pearls. I can take out a few of the darker perles and try them alone if the powder shows slightly darker than I like, with a heavier application or when reapplied. I just got them both this past week so these are my first impressions. The Rosé are so lovely but Teint Doré are kind of hard to describe and even harder to show, swatch  and photograph. I need to try to photograph them again, using a tripod in my studio with neutral light instead of my warm glowy boudior bulbs :smileywink: But that's also where they looked the prettiest! The matte shades show more true here, that velvety finish, but the shimmers and gleams are harder to catch  in a still photo. They are more lively when in motion, catching the light on the swatches. I'm really glad I got both but I like Teint Doré best. 

katief241981

(0) Hearts

anyone have any recent thoughts on this topic??? Also which meteorite for pale skin with pink undertones, blonde hair, blue eyes. I purchased the ambient light palette.  

katief241981

thanks for the help shortstuff :smileyhappy:   would still  love to hear some feedback/pics of meteorites

katief241981

(0) Hearts

And of the Guerlain meteorites, how would you describe the different shades? Still not sure what would be good for my skin tone (fair, pink undertones, blonde hair, blue eyes).  

katief241981

(0) Hearts

shortstuff: what is your skin type/tone.  I have the palette. I was thinking of the middle very light one (Incandescent) to use as only a highlighter above cheekbones and other places i would highlight.   And then maybe using Dim light all over.  Not sure when I would use Radiant light because it is a little dark for me.  I am fair skinned, pink undertones, blonde hair.  I guess I could sweep the radiant light over my blush  

reflectsgold

(0) Hearts

pbi: but i use incandescent as an undereye highlighter. dim in center of face and radiant on perimeter.

shortstuff07

Albino.  Just kidding, I'm super fair with neutral/cool undertones, very blonde/white hair.  I use Incandescent as a highlighter, Radiant is the contour/under my cheek bones color, and Dim is my perimeter contour, i.e. hairline, jawline, sides of nose, etc.  Does that make sense?  This is a look I did with all but Diffused, as it hadn't arrived yet.  Radiant would work with blush nicely, and I think it'll be great in the summer with a little color!20131104_162341.jpg

katief241981

So I realize this is a really old thread.... but we need to bring it back!!!  I want to hear opinions on these two products especially now that people have had a longer time to test them out.  I just purchased the Hourgass Ambient Powder Palette which has 3 colors in it.  I am curious about the Guerlain Meteorites as well.   I NEED HELP!!!!!!!! any advice would just be so amazing!  

shortstuff07

Counting the palette, I have 6/7 shades Hourglass has released.  I really love them, I have never had so many compliments on my skin!  They are amazing.  I use Ethereal to set my foundation, Diffused to counteract redness, Mood is layered with whatever blush I'm wearing to add depth, and the palette is great for a subtle, glowing contour.  I want Luminous, but I don't need it, it's more that it's the only one I don't own!  

I haven't tried Guerlain because they aren't cruelty free, but I have heard so many positive reviews.  

MoreGun89

Personally I recommend Guerlain, I use the meteorite compact and love it!  It's very mattifying, extremely sheer, and smells delicious ^.^

keelybt

Hi Ayen85 Which products are you trying to compare?

ayen85

(0) Hearts

Oops! Forgot to include that one.. The hourglass ambient lighting powder vs the guerlain meteorites in teint rose?

melissabt

Hi Ayen85-

I would say you will notice a slight difference in the finishes. In my opinion, the Guerlain will be a bit more sheer. However, you will get more a pink tone with the teint rose. Mixing the shades together will give you a unique blend.

<3 Melissa
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 26 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • reflectsgold
    • melissabt
    • MoreGun89
    • Missie772