goodChoicegirl

Great pigmented eyeshadow sans shimmer, suggestions?

I love L'Oreal's HIP as they're deep, dark w/little to no shimmer. However, I do like the Naked 2 palette it's just so heavy on the shimmer. I'm looking for a more sophisticated shadow and was thinking of Bobbi Brown, any other suggestions. I find that during the day shimmer tends to make my eyes look more crepe-y and weird. 

melissabt

Re: Great pigmented eyeshadow sans shimmer, suggestions?

Hi Goodchoicegirl-

I also wanted to suggest the Too Faced Matte Eye Shadow Collection. It works great with any other palettes that you have and all the shades are very easy to wear.

Too Faced - Matte Eye Shadow Collection

<3 Melissa
krissynita

Urban Decay's Naked Basics pallete is BEAUTIFUL for daytime looks and only has 1 shimmer shade that is actually a very nice inner-eye area highlighter without being glittery. I also love Lorac's Pro Pallete -- it does have shimmer shades but includes the same amount of shades in nice, matte colors. It's best of both worlds...

lylysa

Urban Decay makes an extensive range of shadows that offer different finishes, not just shimmers. Though they do tend to toss in a few shimmers into their palettes to keep things fun, their range of single shadows cover quite a bit.

MUFE, NARS, and Lorac are also other brands that make wonderfully pigmented shadows.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • krissynita
    • melissabt
    • lylysa
    • goodChoicegirl