Answer
readyfreddie
Got any chemo beauty tips?

I'm going through chemo therapy and am I'm on hair loss countdown now. I will lose my hair, eyebrows, and eyelashes from what I've been told. As someone who is really into makeup and hair, these are great losses to me. I was hoping someone might have some good tips for me. I'll be left with just my very pale skin and blue eyes.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
ssmittys
Answered

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation :smileysad: I will be praying for you! I worked on a pediatric oncology unit for a while and I can empathize, but at the same time I cannot imagine what you are going through.

The teenage girls invested in brow stencils such as the ones keelybt suggested to give their eyebrows shape. For the lashes, falsies were usually worn. There are several realistic looking eyelashes out there by brands such as Make Up Forever, MAC and even drug store brands as well.  Utilizing natural looking false lashes will give you the look of lashes without looking over the top. Other makeup tips I would recommend is luminizing foundation to keep your face looking radiant.

For hair, the only thing you can really do is a wig. Wigs can be pricey, but it's an investment that I have noticed helped these girls feel pretty and feminine. You can get one that looks like your current hair style, or you can have fun with it and try a new look.

I hope this helps, and good luck with your treatments!

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 5 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • ssmittys
    • readyfreddie