ladylondon

Good coverage bb cream with no shine???

I have been looking for the perfect foundation and nothing is working for me! even expensive ones..the only thing that has come close to working with me is Avons bb cream...but I hated that it made me look like a greasy fry after about an hour of wearing it. I want a bb cream with good coverage and NO shine.. can anybody suggest something that is oil free and is what I am looking for?

jinxski

Re: Good coverage bb cream with no shine???

I second Ariela with the powder, it'll keep you shine free for much longer than just a BB Cream alone.

MISSHA's Perfect Cover BB Cream is the best BB Cream I've tried in keeping my oily skin matte and oil-free for hours.

I've been using the Face Shop's Oil Free BB Cream too, it's not so bad, but I think I'm gonna go back to MISSHA soon, it has more coverage.

Good luck on finding the right now! :smileyhappy:

Meg82

(0) Hearts

I just got Dr. Brandt BB Matte With Signature Shinerase.  Like, I just got it yesterday, so I don't have a ton of experience to draw on but so far it seems pretty mattifying.  I still have some shine, because it's 95 degrees today, but much less than when I wear my usual BB cream.  Obviously I need a much larger sample size to recommend it completely, but my quick and dirty yesterday and today experience has left me pleased.

janinebt

Hi ladylondon,

I second Tarte's BB! It's a matte formula that is lightweight with a matte finish. BB creams traditionally have light coverage, and this one is no exception.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
ladylondon

(0) Hearts

thank you everyone for all your advice! ..yes I am using a setter and it wasn't doing anything for me :[

ladylondon

(0) Hearts

thank you everyone for all your advice!

carolang

Tarte 12 hour BB primer applied with a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush ($10, Ulta) is amazing! Semi-matte/satin-y finish, doesn't break down on me like some long wearing foundations do (oily skin), covers redness and acne scars with a thin layer... The only downfall is that it does look terrible on dry skin. Some days I won't even think the normal parts of my face are dry and I'll put this on and it will look terrible. So it's atough one - I love it so much but I really need to not dry out my skin so much

michmo

The ones I like are the Tarte 12 hour Tinted Treatment Primer one someone shared below.  It does show dry spots though if you aren't moisturized enough.  I found it applies best with a brush.  

My absolute favorite right now though is Dr. Jart Black Label Detox BB.  If you are fair/light it is amazing!  It gives great coverage without looking too done up.  And it has been great for my skin.  

I also agree with the other poster about setting powder.  Normally I have dry/combo skin.  However, in the humid weather we're having lately it doesn't matter what my skin is it gets yucky feeling by the end of the day.  So I've started applying a little bit of Laura Mercier's Setting powder (I had some on hand, but there are a ton of great ones out there) on my nose and top of the checks and it works great.  

arielaaaaaaaa

Are you setting it with a powder at all?

ellevee09

(0) Hearts

STILABB.JPG

I've tried so many! This one is my absolute favorite!! Stila stay all day 10 in 1 HD BB. Ask for a sample. Hope this helps hun!! :smileyhappy:

pinkonyx

swfupload_615177995245717883.jpg

Tarte BB cream . Non greasy, good coverage.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • janinebt
    • jinxski
    • ellevee09
    • carolang
    • pinkonyx