Answer
dcmakeuplover
Accepted Solution
Good Makeup For Dry/Flaky/Acne Prone Skin?

I have combination skin usually, with pretty bad hormonal acne around my chin. I've been using topical medication for the acne that leaves me really dry and flaky. I'm currently using MAC Studio Fix powder for my foundation because it is full coverage and covers my huge pores and acne scars, but i'm now looking for something that isn't as drying and leaves me with a more dewy, moisturized, glowing look. I currently use Urban Decay's 'Dew Me' on top of my makeup and that helps a lot. I also have Lancome's Teint Idole, which I like, but I need a good pressed powder to put on top. Any recommendations for  maybe a cream foundation, or a good pressed foundation to go on top of my liquid? Thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
projill
Answered

I have a few suggestions for you to try:

I love Lancome Teint Idole and depending on if it has enough coverage for you or if you want more- I have 2 powders to suggest.  Since you like the way studio fix makes your skin look smooth, I would suggest trying Sephora Collection Mattifying Compact Powders.  It isn't as heavy as Studio Fix but covers and makes the skin look smooth.  It also has a skin like finish so it won't look as dry.  You can still use Dew Me on top of the powder to add some hydration if wanted.

You may also love Smashbox Halo Powder- it is a pressed hydrating powder full of great ingredients that you actually turn a dial and shave into a loose powder before you apply.  What is great is that you only shave a small amount, so there is no leftover loose powder to create a mess.  This also has coverage but has hydrating and anti-aging properties to it.

For a less coverage powder, I suggest using Givenchy Soft Compact Face Powder or Smashbox Photo Set Pressed Powder.  Both of these will leave your skin looking soft and flawless.

I have also had great luck with Murad Acne and Wrinkle Reducer Serum as I too suffer from hormonal acne and this is what clears it up for me.  What is great is that I don't get any dry or flaky skin from it.  You may want to give it a try.  Hormonal acne needs to be treated a bit differently than regular acne and this serum was designed specifically for hormonal acne.

I also love NARS Sheer glow because it gives coverage and sets well on the skin lasting all day, but has a nice soft skin-like glow as the finish.

xoxo
Jill 

Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 3 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • projill
    • dcmakeuplover