ashhbeckk

Going to Costa Rica and need a new foundation

(0) Hearts

So I am going to the rainforest in Costa Rica in a couple of weeks & need a 

foundation or tinted moisturizer that will be good for the trip. 

looking for something that is:

-  easy to apply when we are on the run 

- long lasting

- humidity resistant

- water proof ( not 100% but atleast something that if it gets wet wont start 

to smear around on my face !

- moisturizing

-has SPF in it 

i should also note that I have dry skin, and lack oil production. So somethimg with a little glow to it is always a plus.

& another question I have is for a new  foundation  at home. I currently own shesiedo liquid foundation with SPF. ( dislike this ) doesn't last long enough. tarte clay foundation ( dislike this) doesn't last long & doesn't enhance my

features but dulls them out.  And also I own mac pro long wear which also doesn't do anything for my face. And doesn't give me a good coverage. The two foundations I have that I love but want to try something different are the urban decay naked skin liquid foundation. Works great and lasts long & also the smashbox studio finish 14 hour Liquid foundation. This one is amazing as well. Any recommendations??

ashhbeckk

Re: Going to Costa Rica and need a new foundation

Have any of you tried any foundations by clinique? 

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

Hi ashhbeckk!

I have tried quite a few of the Clinique Foundations and I have always been happy with them. For your trip, I highly recommend trying Clinique's Moisture Surge CC Cream with SPF 30. It has about light to medium coverage and is extremely easy to apply and blend into the skin. It is not completely waterproof, but it lasts on my oily skin all day even in warm weather. 

For your day to day foundation, I suggest trying the Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation Oil Free. This foundation gives amazing coverage and lasts all day. 

Have fun on your trip!

Best,
Randee
mnbabe

(0) Hearts

A beauty youtuber I follow swears by the Cover FX cc cream...she would take it to the Dominican republic with her on mission work. Hope this helps.  Linked her review if you want to check it out.
I was so impressed with her review I just purchased this during the VIB sale.
If you check her out, please mention that I sent you. Thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvSo2VSRJOs

Sn4rky

I stayed in the Costa Rican rainforest a couple years ago for a month and honestly didn't even bother with makeup.  If you're going for vacation, it'll be a bit different because I was there working on research.  It's so beautiful there, but so freaking humid!!  Definitely keep the makeup light.. maybe just a BB cream or tinted moisturizer and some concealer if you want more coverage.  Sorry I'm not too helpful with recommending specific brands, but I really suggest keeping makeup as light as possible during the day!    

itscarin

I agree.  You have to wear sunscreen 24/7 in Costa Rica...  I don't know that you want to be wearing make up 24/7, too.  I can see putting on some make up if you're going to take pictures, but I honestly wouldn't bother with makeup if you're going to the beach.  You get in and out of the water, you need to reapply the sunscreen, you'll wipe your face with a towel... it's unrealistic to be wearing makeup in this scenario.  If you're staying in San Jose or visiting non-beach locations then you can get away with wearing makeup, but for the beach I wouldn't bother. 

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

For your trip, I highly recommend Hourglass veil mineral primer. It makes all foundation waterproof and has spf 15. The 10ml travel-sized bottle would be perfect for your trip and you can save some money for investing in a new bottle of foundation too! However, I still recommend you getting a sunscreen because you need a lot more sun protection than spf 15.

As for foundation at home, I love Hourgalss veil makeup and Giorgio Armani luminous silk foundation. Both are sheer to medium coverage. I found GA has a better shade range though.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • itscarin
    • ivyxox
    • mnbabe
    • ashhbeckk
    • RandeeBT
    • Sn4rky