carrie1975

Glam Glow 100pt sample of mud exfoliating treatment

Wow, is it supposed to hurt that bad when trying to clean it off your face? I think I lost a couple layers of skin! Are those leaves of some sort in the mud? I have 3 more but I am not sure my skin is up to that again.

pastelflower

Re: Glam Glow 100pt sample of mud exfoliating treatment

I loved this mask so much I bought the small jar of it! The first time I used it, I felt a warming sensation with a slight tingle. I just get the tingle now but it's not strong.

I definitely wouldn't use it if it hurts! I tried the Michael Todd Pumpkin Mask and it "tingled" to the point of pain so I know how that feels.

Also, how many times have you used it? It sounds like you used the whole thing in one mask. You definitely don't need that much! I found that a thin layer works as well as a thick layer, so maybe you just used too much? It might be worth a try to spot-test a light layer since you still have 3 tubes.

bratknits

I didn't care for it either.  It's the pumice, just too much for me.  The leaves are tea leaves according to the ingredients list.  I thought the pieces were on the large side, kind of blurped out of the tube they were so big.

LCResz

[ Edited ]

I used this yesterday, and yes it feels very tingly/slightly burning when I first put it on. It passed quickly though. When I took it off it felt like a was using sand to wash my face. I was convinced my face was going to be a mess from the abuse, but instead my face looked AMAZING! My pores finally looked smaller, first mask to really accomplish that feat. It is definitely a once a week mask AT MOST but how does that old saying go? Pain is beauty, or beauty is pain?  Ah yes, "The pain passes, but the beauty remains."

carrie1975

I had the same results but I'm not convinced that the pain is worth it. I doubt I did any real damage with that one try but I might if I use the rest if them that I have. I am glad it worked for you though.

spedteacher74

(0) Hearts

I received a sample pot at the store.  When something is that expensive I prefer to try before I buy.  It tingled for me, but didn't hurt.  I didn't see a difference in my skin after using it.  Not something I will buy.  I'll stick with my REN.

PoesRevy

I found it was too intense for my skin as well.

Was not for me either :smileysad:

Surely not the way I wish my skin to glow!

I am glad it works for others though.

arielaaaaaaaa

Hm. I didn't have that reaction to it. I agree with the others, you should not continue using it. I loved it when i tried it. It did an amazing job at exfoliating and i didn't find it to hurt at all. Its way too expensive though to purchase for the amount you get. 

Emeraldlight

I would suggest to you to stop using the product. You face is telling you that it does not agree with your skin. I tried to really love a certain product that had mostly positive reviews. I really, really wanted the results other people obtained.  I ended using it more than once and my skin went berserk!

janinebt

(0) Hearts

Hi Emeraldlight,

I find that removing the mask with a warm wash cloth works best. I'll let the cloth sit on my face for a few minutes and then slowly remove the mask. That generally does the trick :smileyhappy:.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
carrie1975

I'm just going to use it on my feet or throw the rest in the traveling box #4 for someone else try. I really love the way it made my skin look but that's too high a price to pay(figuratively) for beauty. I appreciate your response and everyone else's responses too. I knew I could count on you lovely ladies and gents.

anaa

I read the reviews for it and most people did say it was pretty intense.  I tried it and wound up really liking it and there was a minor tingling, that was it.  The leaves are kind of unnecessary though.  I wouldn't use it again if it hurt that much when you removed it.

kssweetheart

Wow, and now we are four! Interesting to see how many more people pop up. Kinda silly, but neat.

garnett

Oh, I'm sorry to hear you didn't like the Glam Glow.  I have used it a few times and really liked it.  Yes, those are tea leaves in the mud.  I wish they would chop them up more-sometimes you have this giant leaf sitting on your nose. LOL  There is supposed to be a tingle with this product BUT if anything causes you that much discomfort it's definitely not for your skin type.  I would rinse a few more times with cool water and put on something calming and soothing like a fragrance free moisturizer that contains NO acids or retinol. 

kssweetheart

Hi again - funny thing, I just looked over and it shows that you and I are the only '2 in conversation' Not sure I even notice that really. Just thought the chances of it being only the 2 of us is unusual.

Is everyone else out having fun while I try to muster the will power to keep myself from getting another cinnamon bun with icing.....so delish...will power failing. Ruh-Roh........

carrie1975

(0) Hearts

If its a cinnabon then you must have another for me! I watched the Undervover Boss with the CEO she an awesome human being.

Esdee

I got one of the samples, but I hadn't tried it yet.  I'll give it a try tonight if I'm not too tired when I get off work and let you know what my experience was.  :smileyhappy:

carrie1975

I'd be curious what you think of it. It had good reviews but maybe my skin is to sensitive. Maybe the tingle in combination with the particles was too much for my face. I did put some PTR serum with the dragon's blood complex on after it and it was able to soothe the skin.

Esdee

I'll definitely let you know what I think.  :smileyhappy:  At the very least, it'll distract me from panic mode.

kssweetheart

Yikes, that's scary! Glad I didn't get that. Did you have any other after effects? I'd be afraid of going there again. You could however use it on other body parts. Might be Awesome on your feet if you need some extra exfoliation there. Some people have issues with their elbows or back of their arms, maybe that would work for that area. I'm a chicken, but I do get nervous when it comes to my face. I personally have been pretty lucky, but I have friends and sibs who were not

Hope this helps you out and I hope you'll come back and let me know if you tried it again somewhere else. I'm terrible at following threads, you could send me a PM if you'd like. I'll try to keep my eyes open though. Best of luck. Take care.

carrie1975

Awesome idea! I'll have to try it somewhere else. I'll let you know.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 34 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • anaa
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • janinebt
    • kssweetheart
    • spedteacher74
    • carrie1975