sephoraadmin2

Get Your Skin Set for Summer Live Chat

[ Edited ]

This thread is now closed. Thank you so much for your participation! 

Make sure your summer skin is stunning—and safe—with personalized advice from two skincare experts. Visit this thread on May 18 between 12-2pm PST to participate in our live skincare Q&A with Korres Co-Founder Lena Korres and Caudalie Founder Mathilde Thomas. Ask them anything—from how to keep your pores in check to which SPF formula is best for you.

Be sure to "subscribe" to this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered. (Check the “Subscriptions" box on the right side of the post page).

LENA.JPG

Lena Korres - Co-Founder,  Korres: 12 - 1 pm PST

Learn more about Korres> http://seph.me/IWXJdn

Mathilde Head Shot.jpg

Mathilde Thomas - Founder, Caudalie: 1-2 pm PST

Learn more about Caudalie> http://seph.me/K950fw

Dimitra3184

Re: Open now! Get Your Skin Set for Summer Live Chat

Hey Lena!

My name is Dimitra and I live in Athens :smileyhappy:

It is so nice to put a face in the Korres company which I adore!

Question for you:I have a very strange skin type.It is dehydrated and dry and ichy feeling the winter and the summer it's normal but sensitive.I am looking for a good day and night cream and a good face scrub.What would you recommend?Thank you!

lenakorres

[ Edited ]

Dimitra3184 wrote:

Hey Lena!

My name is Dimitra and I live in Athens :smileyhappy:

It is so nice to put a face in the Korres company which I adore!

Question for you:I have a very strange skin type.It is dehydrated and dry and ichy feeling the winter and the summer it's normal but sensitive.I am looking for a good day and night cream and a good face scrub.What would you recommend?Thank you!

Hey Dimitra!! so nice to have an Athens-based friend with us! can you believe today's weather!! hope the sun is back out tomorrow!

You may think you have a random skin type but you are not alone, believe me! I would definitely recommend the yogurt-based face cream and mask. They work effectively in soothing any kind of reactive-skin leaving a smooth afterfeel and an excellent moisturizing sensation. Regarding the scrub, opt for pomegranate deep cleansing scrub http://seph.me/J7l2TB (the formulation's olive stones help reveal a brand new face..literally!!) Hope this helps!

Have a great evening Dimitra!

hannahactually

My major skincare problem (well...one of them) is [what I feel look like] HUGE pores. I've read that there's really little you can do. Is this true? Are there products that can produce long-term (or even short-term) results rather than just covering them up or clogging them to disguise the enlarged appearance? Can pores really be "shrunk"?

lenakorres

[ Edited ]

hannahactually wrote:

My major skincare problem (well...one of them) is [what I feel look like] HUGE pores. I've read that there's really little you can do. Is this true? Are there products that can produce long-term (or even short-term) results rather than just covering them up or clogging them to disguise the enlarged appearance? Can pores really be "shrunk"?

Hallo there!

Thank you for your message! What you hear is a bit of a beauty myth! you can definitely help your skin! Please trust me on this...I come from a Mediterranean country where oily skin is the predominant skin type, and this is a huge concern over here!  You need to be looking for Astringent ingredients that do exactly that: help minimize pores! The best natural ingredient we know does this, is Pomegranate! MAybe you should try our Pomegranate pore minimizing skincare line!

Please take a look at the oil-free moisturizer (I'm confident you will enjoy the oil-free texture and you will notice a difference even from the first days of using the cream.) Plus for your skin type, you should make the tonic lotion an inherent part of your regime. Tonic lotions help shrink pores and protect skin from inflammation (try the Pomegranate Lotion!) Hope this helps!

All my best,

Lena

Korres Pomegranate Toner: http://seph.me/Jm6dBq

elizbeth1972

Greetings and thank you being part of this Event!  I actually have two question about your products, that are not directly related to summer skin, but sort of.  I am interested in the new Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial, but I wanted to know - do you have to use it every night to achieve the desired benefits, or is every other night ok? Second question, I was using the Korres Yogurt Cream as my evening moisturiser during the winter. I really liked it.  But I always wondered, because it contains milk proteins, should someone with a lactose intolerance still be able to use it?   Thank you!

lenakorres

[ Edited ]

elizbeth1972 wrote:

Greetings and thank you being part of this Event!  I actually have two question about your products, that are not directly related to summer skin, but sort of.  I am interested in the new Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial, but I wanted to know - do you have to use it every night to achieve the desired benefits, or is every other night ok? Second question, I was using the Korres Yogurt Cream as my evening moisturiser during the winter. I really liked it.  But I always wondered, because it contains milk proteins, should someone with a lactose intolerance still be able to use it?   Thank you!

Elizbeth! what a warm welcome! thank you so much! it'sa pleasure to be here with you all!

re the first part of your question, the Wild Rose Sleeping Facial works very well even if only used every other night. However,using it daily, speeds up the results! 

The Yogurt moisturizer is based on full-fat Greek yogurt (yes, edible!) and it's thus a rich source of lactose. Lactose intolerant persons should not have any issue with this product; the intolerance has to do with not being able to metabolize the protein when taken internally (and not when applied on the skin). I would definitely however recommend that you consult your doctor or skin therapist! hope this helps!

Lena

Wild Rose Sleeping Facial: http://seph.me/KZ8Zd9

Yogurt Moisturizer: http://seph.me/JXMW5Y

Athena33

Giasou Lena!!!! whenever I apply my foundation (liquid) and other makeup, after a few hours I always notice that it is shiny and I have to occasionally wipe down the oil. Any advice on what to do in a situation like this?

lenakorres

[ Edited ]

Athena33 wrote:

Giasou Lena!!!! whenever I apply my foundation (liquid) and other makeup, after a few hours I always notice that it is shiny and I have to occasionally wipe down the oil. Any advice on what to do in a situation like this?

Hallo Athena!! Love your name!!! Part Greek I guess, so great to have you here tonight with us!! 

I presume you have Mediterranean/ oily skin and this is why you get the extra sheen feel. You might want to re-visit your regime and look for products that are more suitable for oily skin. You need to be extra careful with choosing the right moisturizer and foundation! I can safely recommend the Korres Pomegranate mattifying primer: http://seph.me/JUKrSv , a formula that will give you all-day oil-free skin. During the summer months you might want to try a face mist. Those products are water-based and refresh skin, while at the same time 'drying' skin just a little bit, which is good for you! (don't worry, it won't dry it out!)

hope this helps

Greetings from Athens!!

Lena

popprincess18

Hi! I was wondering what are some good tips to get rid of acne and oil on your face during the summer?

lenakorres

[ Edited ]

popprincess18 wrote:

Hi! I was wondering what are some good tips to get rid of acne and oil on your face during the summer?

Hi there! Thanks for joining us!

You might want to re-visit your regime and look for products that are more suitable for oily/combination skin.

Even normal skin gets oilier during summer.

I can safely recommend the Korres Pomegranate skincare range, which is oil-free and non comedogenic (does not clog pores!) Specifically the Pomegranate moisturizer http://seph.me/JpyeBD and the Pomegranate mattifying primer http://seph.me/JUKrSv, a formula that will give you all-day shine-free skin. During the summer months you might want to try a face mist. Those products are water-based and refresh skin, while at the same time they do 'dry' skin a little bit, which is good for that instance!

Greetings from Athens!!

antie96

what are your best summer skin tips?

lenakorres

antie96 wrote:

what are your best summer skin tips?

Hallo, thanks for joining us! You probably need to switch to a lighter moisturizer for summer. You can opt for a cream-gel texture that is moisturizing yet light. Please do not forget your sunscreen! You need it every day, you can wear it on top of your moisturizer and it also works as an illuminator - thanks to the sunscreen filters- under your foundation.

Greetings from Athens!

Lena

melinda721

Hi Lena!

I was wondering if you have any personal tips or tricks for acne? 

Also, what is your FAVORITE beauty tip?

lenakorres

[ Edited ]

melinda721 wrote:

Hi Lena!

I was wondering if you have any personal tips or tricks for acne? 

Also, what is your FAVORITE beauty tip?

hi Melina! so good to be here with you!

Acne is quite tricky! However, if you follow a certain regime you can alleviate the disturbing symptoms. First rule, very thorough face cleansing every morning and before going to bed. You could use the White Tea Facial Fluid gel cleanser  http://www.sephora.com/white-tea-facial-fluid-gel-cleanser-P61802?skuId=750968, then apply a lightweight moisturizer like the Pomegranate Cream Gel ( oily skin doesn’t mean that you forget hydration) http://www.sephora.com/pomegranate-balancing t-cream-gel-moisturiser-P305109?skuId=1393156 .

My favourite beauty tip: Never forget to hydrate 'in and out'. Lots of water and a good moisturizer can make a great difference to your skin! hope this helps

Lena

carriefelice

Hi Lena,

I live in San Francisco and the weather is ever changing from cold to warm, should I continue to wear the same moisturizer or switch to a lighter one for summer?

lenakorres

carriefelice wrote:

Hi Lena,

I live in San Francisco and the weather is ever changing from cold to warm, should I continue to wear the same moisturizer or switch to a lighter one for summer?

Hallo, thanks for joining!!

I know that San Francisco weather can be tricky.

I would definitely 'listen to' my skin. If you start feeling your moisturizer is a bit too heavy, I would switch to a lighter one, but make sure to use a moisturizing mask twice a week to compensate! A lighter moisturizer is also best combined with a sunscreen. Hope this helps!

Best from Athens!

Lena

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 78 replies
  • 62 hearts
  • 28 in conversation
    • glossy
    • antie96
    • hannahactually
    • kaytee22