ldeale3

Full coverage foundation reccommendations

Hi,

Just was curious if anyone had any suggestions for a good full coverage foundations for slightly acne prone, but more importantly VERY oily skin.  I've tried so many and I've never found one that keeps the oil at bay for like more than two hours... Any suggesttions would be so appreciated!

Thank you!

DesertRose0706

Re: Full coverage foundation reccommendations

(0) Hearts

Estee Lauder Double Wear is an excelent full coverage foundation that lasts all day and controls oil amazingly!

Cheer14

I mentioned the two foundations above and I wanted to throw in that primers really haven't made a huge difference for me as far as oil. Yes, they allow the makeup to go on so much better and stay longer but I haven't found one that makes me any less oily. My new favorite powder that I got after I read tons of rave reviews is the Nars loose light reflecting powder. I barely use any and I am not the least bit oily for at least 8 hours. It allows me a great glow with a tiny bit of shine but thats from the products I use not from oil coming through the makeup.

jennypenny1995

Agree.  Primers never work on oil for me and just make things feel stifled.  Yuck!

jennypenny1995

Tarte's 12-Hour foundation topped with their Finishing Powder.  Good stuff there!

Cheer14

I agree with the comment below on foundations. I have the same issues as you and have been ravaging the internet looking for foundations. After all of my research I went to sephora and picked up the MUFE Mat Velvet but was then recommended the Tarte Amazonian 12 hr foundation. I can say after trying both, the Mat Velvet looked powdery on my skin once it dried and just didn't have that flawless look for me. However the Tarte is now my HG foundation. I love it and my skin looks flawless, not to mention the color match is really great. I hope this helps.

miabt

I completely agree with everyones suggestions for primers!  They can definitely make a difference in the longevity of your foundation.

I would suggest trying the MUFE Mat Velvet Foundation :smileyhappy:  The coverage is great!  It will also help with controlling shine.  It is oil free (great for acne prone types) & is water-resistant. 

MAKE UP FOR EVER - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

http://bit.ly/Nf1zFi

Another great option is the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Foundation.  It is one of my go-tos in the warmer months, to help keep my foundation lasting all day long :smileyhappy:

Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15

http://bit.ly/HOGM8P

xo, Mia

ldeale3

Okay I'm just really slow! Sorry figured it out!

ldeale3

Thank you both so much, very appreciated! How come I can't reply to you guys on here? Is that against the rules?

ldeale3

Thank you so much! I am really not a make up expert or beginner even! Any suggestions on primers vs setting powders per chance?:-)

bananachoox3

For Primers I suggest either the Benefit's Porefessional or Givenchy's Mister Mat Primer, those two are really good at helping keeping the oils at bay. For setting powder, Tarte's Smooth Operator, MUFE HD Powder, or even MUFE Matte Loose Powder will help with controlling the oils. I also suggest getting a setting spray like UD De Slick to set the makeup and help control the oil.

arielaaaaaaaa

These are great suggestions to look into. I don't have oily skin so I can't make specific recommendations but from everything everyone on Beauty Talk raves about, these are where you should start looking! 

arielaaaaaaaa

Kat Von d and tarte have excellent full coverage foundations. But don't just leave to the foundation to control the oil.  Primers and setting powders play an important role.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 23 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • jennypenny1995
    • miabt
    • bananachoox3
    • DesertRose0706
    • ldeale3