sammy1430

Foundation

[ Edited ]

So I am always looking for that "Miracle In a Bottle"  I'm 41, with less than perfect skin.  I have a gazillion old acne marks, hyperpigmentation, large pores, combo skin, I can go on.  My turn to foundation is MUFE HD in 120.  Best match of any foundation ever.  But I still keep searching.  I guess I want the coverage of MUFE just not so much the look of makeup which I feel is what has been happening.  I tone, moisturize, prime, and still not happy.  I would love that youthful dewy look without the oily sleek happening in an hour or two, yet would like more coverage than a BB Cream.  I just purchased the BE Ready foundation, I wanted to love it, yet knew I should stay away from powder, it burned my skin sooo bad that will be going back.  My main must have has to be as close of a match as the MUFE HD 120 though. 

OR can adding an illuminizer help with a dewy glow not pearly by mixing with foundation

beautylovingirl

Re: Foundation

A good skin care product will absolutely make all the difference in the world. Dr. Dennis Gross' Alpha/beta daily facial peel will improve on every single problem that you have described. It's the perfect product that contains over 40 skincare ingredients and will make a huge difference. You may want to look more into a more structured skin care routine to address combination skin. Also with summer coming up look to a powder foundation (yes it's fine for over 40 no matter who tells you it's not) . Finish with a light translucent powder like MUFE's HD and with just the smallest amount that is in the lid after you open it and that's all you need.It's my personal fave! If you feel like your not luminous enough dust on a little bit of shimmer powder like the one that dior makes,it will give you that little bit of radiance your after. Also look at mattifying primers like the one from Korres, Givenchy, Too Faced and Hourglass. All of these should help you out on getting control of your skin. Hope this helps!

ShimmerDust

(0) Hearts

To put it bluntly, there isn't really any skincare product that you can buy to give you a "youthful dewey" look at the rate your skin is going. Your first step is to begin repairing your skin, NOT covering it up or trying to tighten your pores with chemicals and makeup. If you insist on covering up your skin, use a BB cream with a high SPF, like Smashbox BB cream with SPF 35. Use Clinique 3-step skin care twice every day to help de-age and keep skin clean. Repairwear Laser Focus by Clinique helps correct wrinkles and UV damage. Use it twice a day after the 3-step. TAKE CARE OF YOUR SKIN. For foundation you could try Clinique's All Matte. Good luck! :smileywink:

miabt

(0) Hearts

Hi sammy1430,

With any "full coverage" foundation, you may get that heavy feeling, just because of the formulas.  A few of my favorite full coverage foundations are the Kat Von D Lock-It, Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour and the Tarte Maracuja Miracle Foundations.  

Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

http://bit.ly/14uf51D

Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15

http://bit.ly/HOGM8P

Tarte - Maracuja Miracle Foundation 12-Hour Broad Spectrum SPF 15

http://bit.ly/ZUnDrg

While all 3 are great, I would highly recommend the Tarte Maracuja Foundation, as it has some fantastic anti-aging properties, which I suggest for everyone over 25 :smileyhappy:  Hope that helps!

xo, Mia

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • sammy1430
    • ShimmerDust
    • beautylovingirl
    • miabt