stephelise

Foundation help please

I have been using Naked skin foundation for a year now, and I have loved it, but lately it hasn't been soaking into my skin at all. It just looks like it's sitting on top of my face, and rubs off easily. I moisturize and prime before foundation. The only thing I have changed in my routine is I just got a Clarisonic. Is it just time for a new foundation? If so can anyone recommend a great one?

Thanks!

melissabt

Re: Foundation help please

(0) Hearts

Hi Stephelise,

I hate when this happens! It can be caused my a number of things. Weather can also be a factor, since your skin changes in the summer. What are you currently using to set the foundation. Using a light powder will help 'set it' and make it look more natural.

Try a colorless version like the Urban Decay De-Slickdeslick.jpg

<3 Melissa
stephelise

(0) Hearts

I do use a brush. I use the Urban Decay Good Karma brush. I've like the brush so far but maybe a new one could help. Thanks for the idea!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

How often do you wash your brush? Do you use a daily brush cleaner after each use to remove surface product and bacteria?

stephelise

(0) Hearts

I wash it once a week. I guess I should more often though.

ry22

(0) Hearts

I don't know if you apply your foundation with a brush or not, but I find that the right brush really helps the product absorb :smileyhappy:

stephelise

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much! I will look into both of those!

miabt

(0) Hearts

Hi stephelise,

My skin is ever-changing, so I have an arsenal of favorites to switch off when one starts to wear a little differently :smileywink:  You can try the Smashbox Liquid Halo HD Foundation>http://bit.ly/16sUM0t or the MUFE HD Foundation>http://bit.ly/14oFBaX.  Both are natural and buildable, and fairly similar to the finish the Naked Foundation.  

Smashbox - Liquid Halo HD Foundation SPF 15MAKE UP FOR EVER - HD Invisible Cover Foundation

xo, Mia

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 5 in conversation
    • stephelise
    • melissabt
    • ry22
    • lylysa
    • miabt