tdj6378

Foundation help for Color IQ

Today at Sephora, I learned my Color IQ. Actually the ladies did it 3 times, producing two different numbers. First with my make up on I was 4Y05. Next without make up , I was 5Y06. Then 3 mins later, I raed as 4Y05. Which is it? And I need more choices for powder/mineral make up for the numbers. Help, please!

vangliaaa

Re: Foundation help for Color IQ

(0) Hearts

I'm 4Y05! :smileyhappy:

tdj6378

(0) Hearts

I am light to medium for skin coloring. I am headed to the beach soon so I will be closer to medium for a few months. I have very dark brown hair with blue eyes. I have yellow undertones for sure. often I am put into a neutral tone for foundation but end up unhappy because really my skin has yellow undertones so I don't like the pink cast.  I am not sure if I am beige or olive...?... I only wear powder/mineral foundations, either compact or loose.  I am wearing  a few different foundations. I use one on one day then switch it up because I am not satisfied. I have Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush in Light-Medium  Neutral but its too pink. I most often wear Cover FX in N40. Its  pretty good. I also have Laura Mercier loose powder in Natural Beige. Its a bit light and pink.  I cant make it back to the store this week but want a darker foundation for my trip. I will have someone pick it up for me. :smileyhappy: Thanks for your help.  I see the choices listed but the choices are minimal. I don't care for Bare minerals.

dianabt

(0) Hearts

Thanks!

I'd suggest the following for you to look at- most have yellow undertones but if you have a light/medium with olive undertone that can work too.

Korres Wild Rose Mineral Foundation

Medium Beige (Medium with yellow-olive undertones)

Korres - Wild Rose Mineral Foundation

Becca Perfect Skin Mineral Powder Foundation

Tan (medium to light tan beige  with yellow/golden undertones)

BECCA - Perfect Skin Mineral Powder Foundation

Hourglass Oxygen Foundation Mineral Powder

#4- medium to tan with warm undertone (apply with a brush for a lighter finish)

Hourglass - Oxygen Foundation Mineral Powder

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Mineral Makeup

Medium

Bobbi Brown - Skin Foundation Mineral Makeup SPF 15

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
dianabt

(0) Hearts

Hi tdj6378, 

As I cannot see your complexion I honestly do not know what shade you are. Sometimes people will get different results at different times but they are usually all quite similar. 

I can try to help you if you can give me an idea of your coloring (fair, light, tan, dark) and what color undertones you have (pink, yellow, beige, olive, etc.),

Your best options would be to go with the 4Y05 since you did get that result twice. If you're not sure about the colors provided, try the 5Y06 instead.

You can view the color selections for 4Y05 here> http://www.sephora.com/IQ/color/results.jsp?coloriq=true&withSecondary=true&shade_code=4Y05

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • tdj6378
    • vangliaaa