Keilla
Accepted Solution

Foundation for sensitive oily skin

(0) Hearts

I have sensitive and oily skin and I still can't get the right foundation for my skin type. I've already tried from sephora the Makeup Forever HD #128 and the " Hello Flawless Oxygen wow Oil-Free" in champagne tint from Benefit but they both made my skin oily after a few hours. I would like to hear recommendations about foundations that I could use.

Thank you.

CaitlinBrunson

Re: Foundation for sensitive oily skin

What finish and coverage are you looking for? 

Keilla

(0) Hearts

For a natural, buildable finish not cakey, and my major concern is my oily skin after a few hours of putting my foundation on.

CaitlinBrunson

(0) Hearts

I would DEF try Laura Mercier Silk Creme, MUFE Matte Velvet, UD Naked, and Kat Von D's Lock it Powder Foundation. These should all work for you. I would go in store, have the cast member stripe test you and get a sample of your top choices. If you are not allergic to Bismuth Oxychloride, Bare Minerals is great too!

In terms of other products I would also look into a good primer, setting powder, and setting spray. Another tip - cakeyness comes from it being  unblended and packing on too much product. For your foundation to look natural, making sure everything is blended and buffed! Hoped this helped and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

The MUFE HD and the Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow are both going to give a natural/satin finish, which can end up making oily skin look more oily as the day wears on.

Try a lighter weight, matte finish foundation like Tarte's Amazonian Clay Airbrush Powder. The powder aspect will help absorb and control better and quicker in terms of foundation formulation and the line is famed for being extra gentle on all skin types, including sensitive. Amazonian Clay keeps skin balanced and even while the formula is buildable, allowing for light to fuller coverage.

btmod2

[ Edited ]

Hi Keilla!

I would definitely recommend you try the Hourlgass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation Mattifying Oil Free foundation in shade "golden."  It's great for clients with sensitive skin and will not make you more oily.  The finish is very beautiful and natural and the coverage is buildable.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Kevin

Keilla

(0) Hearts

Thank you for replying. Do you know about a less expensive option for me? and what do you think about the clinique even better foundation?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • lylysa
    • CaitlinBrunson
    • Keilla