Answer
lorettallen
Foundation for Photo Shoot?

I'm doing a photo shoot soon and am wondering what sort of makeup I should wear (particularly in terms of foundation). I have very oily skin, so I definitely need to control that in front of the camera!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 1
dianabt
Answered

Hello lorettallen, 

I love using Make Up For Ever foundations on my clients when I do makeup for a photoshoot. For your type of skin and to minimize the shine from the oil, you may want to try the HD Finish foundation or the Mat Velvet foundation. I'll break down the pro's of each one here:

MUFE HD Foundation is oil free, lightweight and looks especially smooth and soft while providing a soft focus finish to the skin. Your skin will look naturally flawless, soft, and even toned without looking like you have layers of makeup on. :smileyhappy: The finish goes on from medium to full so you can wear as light or heavy a finish as you would like while remaining even toned in bright or harsh lighting. 

HD Invisible Cover Foundation

The MUFE Mat Velvet Finish foundation is one of my favorites to wear for its full coverage and classic matte finish. The formulation is again oil free and doesn't clog the pores or feel or look heavy but provides amazing coverage.  The soft powder finish and ability to resist shine will keep your face looking and feeling smooth all day long. 

Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

Another great tip to keep your makeup looking flawless and smooth for a photo shoot (and to keep shine and oil at bay!) is to apply a pore minimizing and shine reducing primer. I love the Make Up For Ever All Mat or the Urban Decay Primer Potion - Pore Perfecting which both are great for smoothing the skin's texture, reducing shine and oil for hours and keeping your skin fresh and comfortable. 

I recommend using oil-blotting sheets if your skin DOES get a bit oily or shiny as these are less prone to mussing up and removing makeup that is already on the skin. My favorites are the Boscia Blotting Linens which are lightweight and gentle on the skin and easily absorb excess oil. 

With these tips your face will look and feel amazing during your photo shoot! Have fun! :smileywink:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 5 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • lorettallen