Answer
andorragirl
Accepted Solution
Foundation for MAJOR Pink Undertones, Searched High and Low, Help?

Okay, this is an SOS and a mayday for help with finding a foundation that will work. I'm at my wit's end:

I have medium fair skin with MAJOR pink undertones. Although the general advice is to use something with yellow in it to tone down the pink, my skin is so pink that anything with yellow in it just ends up looking very weird on me. Trust me, the Sephora associates have tried. What comes closest to looking good on me is a shade by Youngblood (which you guys don't carry) called Warm Sand and Smashbox Halo Hydrating powder in light/medium. The Halo blends in well, but any other liquid or powder foundation ends up settling into my fine lines or going chalky on me.

What I'm looking for is a hydrating liquid foundation or cream foundation that is good for skin with fine lines (e.g. won't settle into them) that has a color that will go with my skin tone. Couldn't find it at the Sephora store but... anyone here with an idea???? Thanks. And I prefer something not tested on animals, also. Thanks!!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
tiffanybt
Answered

Hi andorragirl. It's possible that you may need to mix two foundations to get your perfect match. Have you tried CoverFX? Cover FX offers a wide range of shades for every undertone and complexion.  They are also cruelty-free and perfect for any skin type. I hope this helps!

cover.jpg

Cheers,

Tiffany

Answers: 3
mojo8981
Answered
(0) Hearts

I'm a ginger with pale pinkish and freckly skin. If my skin is naked I get asked if I'm blushing or have rosacea all the time. I love BareMinerals fairly medium foundation powders in original and matte finish. They're not too heavy and the color is perfecto! They also make a redness reducing powder, but I'm so happy with the foundation that I haven't tried it yet.

helena4
Answered
(0) Hearts

I also have a lot of pink in my skin.  I am currently trying out Nars Radiant something compact.  I use what they consider medium 1.5.

My shade is Vallauris and Custard for the concealer.  

My color IQ 2R07.

I think of Nars because they offer every option. Loose or pressed powder liquid in matte or sheer, cream bases etc - and they have several shades in each option.  

The compact uses a sponge type applicator.  I does go on nicely.

it is smooth.

Have you tried any tinted moisturizers?  I tried out the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer - in Sand-  it went on great, but was too dark in the end.  But I did like the style of the coverage.

Best of luck... 

veronika23
Answered
(0) Hearts

Did you try Urban Decay's Naked?

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • tiffanybt
    • andorragirl
    • veronika23