brianat

Foundation for Dry Acne & Scarred Skin

(0) Hearts

Hi, I have been searching for the perfect foundation for dry acne and scarred skin that won't break me out more than I already do. Any ideas or suggestions? 

lyravega

Re: Foundation for Dry Acne & Scarred Skin

(0) Hearts

I agree that Kat Von D's liquid foundation is great. It is the only full coverage foundation that do not emphasize dry areas on my face making them look even worse, like all the other full coverage foundations I've tried. I don't even have to do anything special before applying it on my skin ( just regular moisturizer + primer ) , but the idea of mixing it with a little bit of argan oil, or putting a little argan oil only on areas that are dry, is really excellent! I'll keep that in mind. Thank you, ladies, for that one! :smileyhappy:

beethousand

(0) Hearts

Laura Mercier Silk Creme is great for this.

Mollycj

(0) Hearts

I love MUFE Mat Velvet, just make sure to use a moisturizer because it's more for oily skin.

dolceloure

Hi Brianat,

I second the Kat Von D suggestion -- it's definitely very full coverage, and if your skin is dry, mixing a bit of oil, like the Josie Maran argan oil Keelybt suggested should help. Sometimes my skin goes through dry phases and I found that mixing the oil w/ the Kat Von D foundation worked really well.

Another foundation you might like is Smashbox Liquid Halo HD Foundation. I was getting a makeover yesterday and they used this one on me. I was reluctant b/c I don't really like Smashbox, but was incredibly impressed by how good it looked, and it has buildable coverage. (I also have acne-scarred skin, so coverage is important to me!) 

keelybt

Hi Brianat are you hydrating your skin?  If the area is dry a full coverage makeup will likely catch and cake up on that area.  Josie Maran 100 percent Pure Argan Oil Light is a great lightweight product to keep your skin hydrated and can be applied just in those areas if you don't need something all over.

swfupload_4881731123715599068.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/100-pure-argan-oil-light-P380805?skuId=1548270

Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation is a great full coverage makeup that gives a flawless finish that lasts!

swfupload_2966290542088908090.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/lock-it-tattoo-foundation-P311138?skuId=1398858

brianat

(0) Hearts

Also I would like something thats pretty full coverage

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 6 in conversation