mmnapier

Foundation Issues

(0) Hearts

Hi,

I currently just use liquid foundation and seems to work pretty well, but by the end of the day I feel like its all gross and worn away. What do you recommend using? Should I start using powder or primer? I am worried about using powder, cause I dont want the powdery look to my face. Also, I do have somewhat acne prone skin, but nothing too crazy. Thanks

aviscardi

Re: Foundation Issues

(0) Hearts

I agree with all of these, if you are happy with the coverage of the liquid and aren't looking for extra coverage from the powder. I would suggest translucent or UD naked powder- touch of a coverage. primer is a must to lock foundation in all day, setting sprays can cut down the powder look, powder sets makeup. make sure you are cleansed and moisturized well 

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I agree with the others if your not using a primer it would definitely help to start.:smileyhappy:

Kyndra

I agree you definitely need to use a primer, powder and setting spray. POREfessional by Benefit is a good one or Prime Time by BareMinerals. If you don't want to look cakey use a translucent loose powder like one from Laura Mercier. UD's setting spray is one of the better ones too but if you really want to splurge then get it's mother company's version, Skindinavia

keelybt

(0) Hearts

Hi Mmnapier, I agree with everyone that using a primer and setting spray will definitely help.  What type of skin do you have? 

calamityjane85

(0) Hearts

I agree with the comments posted: hourglass veil primer and urban decay setting spray keep my foundation stay all day with powder  touchups only needed mid afternoon. 

TeemaB

(0) Hearts

Hi! Your skin is as important as your makeup! Always make sure before you apply a foundation your skin is moisturized! It honestly makes the hugest difference in how your makeup turns out. Next use a primer. They have hundreds of different primers for every skin type - normal or dry and even primers for how you want your makeup to look - dewy or matte. For a radiant dewy finish I like the laura mercier primer in radiance and for a matte finish Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer is my absolute favorite! I have acne prone skin and this hasn't broken me out yet. No lie it lasts me hoursss (I wore MU from 10 am to 12 PM) and my makeup did not budge with this baby and that's without a setting spray.

sarinalove

(0) Hearts

I totally agree with what TeemaB said.

I also adore Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer!

sarinalove

(0) Hearts

I always moisturize and add primer before putting my foundation whether it be liquid, powder, or both.

This should help keep the foundation lasting longer throughout the day and also not look so cake-y.

I use Illamasqua Skin Based foundation and it's a pretty natural look. It never looks cakey at all.

As for powder, I use MUFE Pro Finish and no cakey look and I have dry skin. So that cakey look can easily happen with me. But I think the moisturizer and primer really help too!

katief241981

(0) Hearts

I ALWAYS use a primer, and it makes a huge difference.  There are so many great primers out there depending on your skin type.  Right now I use Givenchy's Mr. Matte because my face gets oily.  I am using Hourglass liquid to powder foundation currently and it does not give that gross feeling at the end of the day.  I used Bare Minerals for years and still use frequently.  I love it. To me it is really different from most other powders.  

seebs08

(0) Hearts

I use a setting spray, Urban Decay has good ones for different skin types. I use Chill because my skin is slightly dry. It definitely helps my makeup stay on all day! Try a primer before your foundation as well.

katief241981

(0) Hearts

I agree with the Urban Decay setting spray!  Wonderful!!!

Bekah92

(0) Hearts

There are some powders such as Make Up Forever Pro Finish that have a natural finish to them so that you won't look powdery or flat. Applying the powder with a fluffy brush such are the Sephora collection pro #55 will give you a light dusting of coverage. Definitely use a primer, they are designed to help the foundation stay on better and look better. Also maybe trying Hourglass Immaculate liquid-powder foundation. It looks gorgeous on oily and acne prone skin!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 11 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • aviscardi
    • beautylovingirl
    • sarinalove
    • seebs08
    • calamityjane85