Dragon0124

Foundation Help

(0) Hearts

I have been wearing Clinique Stay Matte in Shade 05 Fair for a while now, and it seems to be creasing on me in the laugh line area and when I use the stay Matte Powder it feels like a mask by the middle of the day. I would say my skin is oily, but most likely is closer to combination with a little oily in the t zone.

My question would be what would a good sheer foundation be that doesn't feel heavy or like a mask.  I like the matte look, but I am not so sure I need oil control. Just not sure where to start I guess.

Dragon0124

Re: Foundation Help

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much! I have heard good things about urban decay and well as mufe. 

I have not heard of hourglass before. I will have to try and get a sample.

I have been wondering about a primer and if I should use one. as I am a little oily would I be able to use a setting spray? 

Mollycj

(0) Hearts

MUFE Mat Velvet is good, but it has a little more coverage.

valentinamia

(0) Hearts

I recently discovered Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation and it really is a great product for those of us with an oily T-zone.  It does not travel or settle in creases, and also has a natural look and doesn't feel heavy on the skin.  You can also try a primer (Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer is amazing) and/or a setting spray (Urban Decay has a few great ones!) and see if that helps with the creasing...

Happy hunting!

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

If you want a lightweight foundation with a somewhat matte finish, try Urban Decay Naked. =)

It's not super matte but natural looking with a matte finish and it didn't dry me out. Benefit Porefessional is a primer but it also give me a matte look without drying any part of my combo skin.

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Dragon0124,

Even though your skin is more oily combo it can still get dry and make your foundation feel tight. Try using a Face Mist to set the foundation and also to add hydration throughout the day. It will help sheer out the foundation and make it look more natural.

Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray

moisture surge spray.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/moisture-surge-face-spray-P378866?skuId=762518

<3 Melissa
Dragon0124

(0) Hearts

Thank You so much for that. I have never used a Setting Spray or a face spray before. I am tempted to move away from clinique and try other brands but I am afraid to cause my face tends to be very sensitive.

Do you have a brand that might be better or comparable to Clinique that I would try?

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Dragon0124-

Yes! Caudalie makes a popular face spray toner called the Beauty Elixirhttp://www.sephora.com/beauty-elixir-P6025?skuId=455774

<3 Melissa
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • ChicDabbler
    • valentinamia
    • Mollycj
    • Dragon0124