Manda

Foundation Help for Sensitive Skin

Yep, still need help with a foundation.  I prefer using liquid - powder and mineral can dry out my face at times.  I have combonation skin type.  I have tried a lot of brands: Dior, Nars, Clinique, Laura M, Bare Minerals, MUFE, Tarte, LORAC, Cover FX.  A lot of them either had bad color choices or they irritated my skin.  One thing to be noted is that I cannot have sunscreen in my products - I tend to be alergic to more sunscreens out there.  My skin is fair - I am a 115 in MUFE and Fairly Light in Bare Minerals.

As for the coverage, I would prefer something light to moderate, with a natural skin like appearance.  I prefer something that will provide me the moisture I need without the heaviness as well as help with some of the oil (yes, I do wear primers).  As for appearance, as I said, something that looks like I am barely wearing anything and, providing a satin or dewy finish.

Thanks for the help and if you have any questions, please ask.

beautylovingirl

Re: Foundation Help for Sensitive Skin

(0) Hearts

You may want to look at the YSL Touche' Eclat Illuminating foundation. It's very light and might just have the finish your looking for. Hope this helps!

Manda

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have tried Urban Decay's Naked - It made my skin itchy.

As for BB Creams, I tried :
http://www.sephora.com/premium-beauty-balm-spf-45-pa-P285403?skuId=1327915
As well as Bosicas, which was too dark for me.

If I could please have some foundations.  I am very weary of BB Creams, due to peptides.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Try looking into Dr. Jart's BB creams, there a couple more shade options and a variety of formulas.

melissabt

Hi Manda,

Have you ever tried BB creams? I think that they would be a great option for your skin. If so, which ones have you already tried?

<3 Melissa
MAKEUPxx

Hi Manda,

You should try Urban Decay's Naked Skin foundation! It's very natural and isn't drying. I have tried many foundations like you and this one works great for me. You would probably be in the color 1. Hope that helped!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

To Manda, if you Google "Urban Decay Naked Skin Chart" you can be directed to their website where it not just has color swatches but also faces of models wearing the shades you so get a better gauge of color matching.

I second this recommendation of UD's Naked Skin, there are no parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, and other fillers, it contains humectants that bind healthy moisture particles to skin, and gives your complexion a dewy-matte finish so it's neither too moist or dry looking. The formula is buildable and you can even thin it down with moisturizer.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • Manda
    • melissabt
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • MAKEUPxx