speedgirl
Accepted Solution

Foundation HELP!!!!!

HELP!!! I'm in major need of a perfect foundation. I have fair, combination skin (normal to dry) and all the foundationms I've used/tried always are cakey. I exfoliate, moisturize, and use primer. Make up forever and smashbox liuid foundations have showed up cakey. I saw nars' sheer glow foundation that is good for my skin type. What would y'all reccomend. Please help. And thanks

brittbabby

Re: Foundation HELP!!!!!

(0) Hearts
Try Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation! Best foundation in the WORLD!!
stefanies

(0) Hearts

Hi,

I also wear nars sheer glow, after trying tons & tons of foundations. I too have combo/dry skin. The nars looks just like a natural more glowified version of yourself. It does not look one bit cakey-ever. I think it's the most natural liquid foundation out there!

speedgirl

(0) Hearts

I finally got it over the holidays and I LOVE it!!! Not cakey at all. I'm just confused on how the bottle says to apply. I know with the hands, but like where is the center of the face? the nose? Also, i have a concern because i have little blackheads on my chin and the foundation emphasized them a little. How can I prevent this?

prosarab

Hi Speedygirl,

I use Nars Sheer Glow myself and absolutely love it. I definitely think that you would like it too, especially because of the texture and how it feels on the skin. One of your concerns was that you don't want the Make-up too look cakey. A few great tips for that is, one its all about the amount you are using. Foundation can go a long way, but if you start out with a lot and blend it out, it can look good but at the same within an hour once the Make-up has set in, most of it will sit on the surface of the face, which will make it look cakey. So it is important to build sheer layers of foundation on your skin, until you get the desired coverage you are looking for. Another thing is, what is the tool you are using? Brush, sponge or fingers? All three of those work really well, and its what works best for you and your skin. Everybody's skin is different, so here is a experiment for you. Try to use a sponge one day and see throughout the day how your Make-up wears. You can also do that with using your fingers or a brush. I have a few different tools that I recommend that work really well when applying foundation. I really hope this helps you out:smileyhappy:. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Happy Holidays,

Sara B

Sephora Pro Artist

beautyblender beautyblender®, $19.95 - $25.95

I love this Sponge and absolutely love it.

Pro Foundation Brush #47
SEPHORA COLLECTION Pro Foundation Brush #47, $27

speedgirl

I use a stipple brush and use a sponge to blend the foundation. And thanks so much for your help! :smileyhappy:
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • stefanies
    • prosarab
    • brittbabby
    • speedgirl