Foundation? BB cream? Confusion!

(0) Hearts

Hello! So at the moment I am looking into getting a BB cream or foundation for everyday use. My skin is combination and I do have occasional breakouts. I'm looking for something to give me pretty good coverage but not look like I'm wearing a ton of makeup. I was leaning towards Bobbi Browns BB cream but have heard many mixed reviews on it. And I don't even know where to begin with foundations. Any suggestions? I'd appreciate any help, thanks! xoxo

Re: Foundation? BB cream? Confusion!

(0) Hearts

BB creams are great because they give light to medium coverage, and they also give the skin a lot of moisture. Some even contain antioxidants and vitamins.

I would start with a BB cream and maybe a light coverage setting powder before moving on to foundations that provide full coverage. 

Almost any product will get a few negative reviews, not necessarily because they are bad products, but because every skin is unique, and what works for one person might not work for another one.

In my experience, Dior, Laura Mercier, and Tarte have the best BB creams in beautiful neutral shades. If you decide on purchasing a foundation and it turns out to be too heavy, mix a bit of your regular moisturizer with the foundation before applying it. That makes it lighter in coverage and gives it smoother feel.

For the occasional breakout I would use a good concealer. I recently found MIRACLE SKIN TRANSFORMER Miracle Skin™ Transformer Treat & Conceal Eye & Face. I love it and use it every day. 

At night, treat the breakouts with a spot treatment that contains benzoyl peroxide. It kills acne bacteria and helps dry out the blemish.

Good luck..!

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 hearts
  • 2 in conversation