LaraLiu

Forehead Pimples :(

(0) Hearts

Hi everyone, I'm Lara and I'm 19. I have really bad pimples on my forehead (a lot of big and red pimples), but the rest of my face is completely fine...Well I have tried a couple of Murad Clearing Solution samples and during my first month, it worked pretty well on me and my forehead did seem to get better and after I decided to purchase a full size of that, things just get worse and worse. The pimples got big again and it's itching like hell to me. :smileysad: I'm really confused right now can someone please tell me what to do :smileysad: Thank you

ladymeag

Re: Forehead Pimples :(

In addition to the great advice you've gotten here from lylysa and emmaclaire, if you have healthcare it might be a good time to make an appointment with a dermatologist. You describe the acne as "big and red" which might be cystic acne, which can't be solved with any number of routines, masks, or products; it requires medication to clear up (and will require a routine that is good for your skin, so finding one that helps is great!) 

chupi

(0) Hearts

I'm assuming your diet has changed since you moved here? Have you been eating more processed foods, candies, sodas, etc?

LaraLiu

(0) Hearts

They used to be cystic acnes, but then when I got samples from Murad, the acnes got smaller but weeks later, it grew big again >.< Yeah my diet changed a lot since I moved here. I started eating a lot of candies and sodas since they're kinda the only snack I can find here. :smileysad: When when I was cramming for my finals, yeah I ate a lot of unhealthy food.

crayzeeRN

A lot of the time acne on the forehead can be directly related to your hair. Do you tend to have an oily/greasy hair? Do you use product in your hair that might be getting on your forehead? A lot of ingredients that hair loves can make your skin pretty angry, so if there's any possibility those are getting onto your forehead, they could be the cause. I'd recommend washing your face after applying any daily hair products and washing it again before bed time.

With direct regards to the acne, I'm curious if you're experiencing any redness or flaky skin along with the itching? It is possible you have over-dried out your skin with the acne treatments you are using. Dried out skin can cause your face to over produce sebum/oil to compensate, which in turn can cause acne (what a vicious cycle!) I'd recommend using a product with salicylic acid and/or something with benzoyl peroxide. I'd recommend taking a look at DDF's acne treatment products (not sold at Sephora) or Philosophy's Clear Days Ahead line. They sell a decently priced trial kit so you can try the entire line out. I am a huge fan of the moisturizer in this line and find that it offers great oil-free hydration with the combined bonus of salicylic acid to help with acne.

LaraLiu

(0) Hearts

Thank you I'll definitely give it a try! I don't normally use hair products except shampoo and conditioner and yeah, the big pimples on my forehead comes along with redness and itching, 

Sonny4President

Didn't you post about an acne situation before? :smileytongue:

Ok, so first of all are you using makeup... this might be clogging your pores.

ALWAYS remember to wash your face at night and before you wake up, and remember to wash your pillow cases regularly! There's a lot of dead skin cells on there!

Make sure you wash your face and focus the majority of the cleansing on the forehead (I find my forehead really easy to clean because it's the flattest surface on the face!) try using http://www.sephora.com/precision-pore-cleansing-pad-P262041?skuId=1233691 sometimes your hands are just not enough and you need a little help with a tool to get deep within your skin... It's only $6! it's worth the investments.

Personally, when I was around 17 and started using a toner that had Silicic acid in it, I noticed my skin start to clear up. The toner that help me achieve that was clean and clear (google clean and clear blue toner and you can see what it looks like) you can get it at target for $4! I use it right after I cleanse my face on a cotton pad and I can see the left over dirt my cleanser missed getting off! It's amazing and it helped me a lot...

Some people are just hormonally charged to have acne, stress plays a big role, just relax and drink some refreshing water you sooth your body from the inside.

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

Using such a physically abrasive product will likely further inflame serious acne.  I don't think it would be appropriate at all for the OP.

LaraLiu

(0) Hearts

Yes I did mention this problem before, but my forehead is getting worse :smileysad: 

Thank you so much for your advise! I'll make sure that I keep my pillow clean! And I'll also give Clean and Clear a try :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 46 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • chupi
    • emmaclaire
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • ladymeag
    • crayzeeRN