Flaky and peely lips

My lips have a tendency to get very flaky and peely throughout the day, but I love to wear brightly colored lipsticks. What is the best solution to combat the flakiness?

Re: Flaky and peely lips

(0) Hearts

I am going to tell you what I do - I have extremely dry lips. I exfoliate them every day at night and then, use the mask. Over the mask, I put on Sugar Lip Balm. It does a pretty good job at keeping my lips nice and soft.

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much for all of your help everyone!

I like to make my own lip scrub (brown sugar/oil) and then use the Bite Agave Lip Mask every night.  The stuff is AMAZING.  I don't love the packaging but the product is great!!

Agreed, the packaging leaves a lot to be desired, but the product is great. It is thick, so it stays put at night, and it smells and tastes good (don't eat it, but getting it in your mouth is inevitable). I also make my own lip scrub, using coconut oil and white sugar. It's easy, made with stuff on hand, and you can make just as much as you need in that moment.

[ Edited ]

An inexpensive and natural way to cure flaky and peeling lips with 2 ingredients:

I exfoliate my lips every night and follow with a lip balm. When I wake up in the morning my lips are soft and conditioned and the lip product I use (bright or neutral) looks very smooth and the lipstick doesn't fall into cracks. The peeling and flaking will be gone after a few exfolations (not right away after one time). 

You can go out and buy lip exfoliators, but I love combining coconut oil and coconut sugar into a small container (I use a tiny tea tin) and then taking a small amount of it and scrubbing it on my lips with my finger for about 30 seconds. After this I wipe off the sugar and oil with a cloth and use either my Fresh Sugar Lip Polish or EOS balm. You can use any type of sugar (brown, refined), but I recommend making your own and even storing it into those sample containers from sephora at first to try it out, it's inexpensive and natural! I've made my friends love this as well, it's just amazing!

Alternatively, you can buy a lip scrub and do the same thing, this will also get rid of flaky and peeling lips, but simply using a lip balm/chapstick on top of the peeling and flakes will not get rid of them but instead condition them.

Hope I helped!

Hi Ashleymorgan989-

Have you ever tried Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask, its an awesome hydrating mask that you can leave on while you are doing your other make up to prep your lips for lip products!

agave mask.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/agave-lip-mask-P384629?skuId=1575042

<3 Melissa

Hi Ashleymorgan989, 

I actually LOVE the Bite lip scrub:

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=bite%20lip%20scrub&skuId=1392489&productId=...

And I try to wear more lipsticks rather than lipglosses- they sometimes make my lips feel a bit more dry and peely. Add more water to your diet too! It really helps a lot Smiley Happy 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

I love Fresh Sugar Lip Polish and feel guilty for using it when I know I can just go to my kitchen and grab sugar and olive oil. After your scrub use a nice balm like Jack Black or Bite Agave Mask.

If you have a Lush near you, try their lip scrubs.  They are pretty amazing.  I also use a richer lip balm on my lips every night.  It really helps with dry flaky lips.

I use the Fresh Sugar Lip Polish and LOVE it. I used to have very dry, chapped, flaky lips, but ever since I started using the lip polish, my lips are super soft and no more peeling!

I would very highly suggest it! 

You need to make sure to exfoliate your lips every few days. I use Tarte Maracuja Lip Exfoliant...it looks like it's currently out of stock through Sephora, but you can also buy it through Tarte Cosmetic's website or ulta. Also, I use Bite's Agave Lip Mask as a nighttime treatment and my lips stay super soft...highly recommend it! Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

http://www.sephora.com/agave-lip-mask-P384629?icid2=Bite_LP_WhatsNew_Carousel_P384629_image

http://www.sephora.com/maracuja-lip-exfoliant-P376021?skuId=1461052

This was the exact same thing that I use and was going to recommend! I love it!

I second this option!

Victoria secret has a really good lip scrub 

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the recommendation!

Make sure you are exfoliating your lips every couple of days, whether you use a sugar scrub or a toothbrush, and always apply a lip conditioner before you apply your makeup. What I like to do is use baby lips lip balm at night and before i do my makeup in the morning just put a little bit on so it does not slide around. This has done the trick for me so far! 

(0) Hearts

Thanks! Any lip scrub recommendations?

Thanks for all your help! I really appreciate it!

No Problem! Hope you find something!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 25 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
Photos1
  • agave mask.jpg