SephoraLuhver1

Face washes

I wash my face twice a day. Once in the morning and once at night before I go to sleep. I noticed that my face started get dry. But I'm allergic to face lotions. What do you suggest for me to do or what products that can help?

lylysa

Re: Face washes

(0) Hearts

Do you know what exactly you're allergic to in face lotions? Common ingredients can run from product to product so generalizing an allergy to an actual product as opposed to specific ingredients is a bit broad.

Like others have mentioned, if you don't wake up with super oily skin, there's no absolute need to wash your face in the morning.

janinebt

(0) Hearts

Hi SephoraLuhver1,

What face creams have you tried? It sounds like you may need something designed for sensitive skin. Clinique has a line of excellent facial creams as does Fresh. I would recommend getting a few samples from your local Sephora to see which one you prefer and to see how your skin reacts :smileyhappy:.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
SephoraLuhver1

(0) Hearts

Our these products at Sephora?  My face is the same way feline5190. Maybe I should try oil.

yellorose

(0) Hearts

yes search Josie Maran products.

kalex

[ Edited ]

Unless your skin is oily there is no reason to wash your face again in the morning.  Your face was already cleaned the night before so you are not washing away dirt - just your skins natural oils.

I do the same as lovelyred139 suggested and simply spritz my face with a hydrating mist in the a.m.  The Mario Badescu she mentioned is good, as is Clinique's Moisture Surge Face Spray and Kiehls Acai Toning Mist.  Then depending on how much moisture I need that day I'll follow it up with Argan Oil.

DaisieWilde

I second skipping a wash in the morning.  I have oily skin and I just shower, I don't use cleanser because if I do, I start to strip my skin and end up even oilier as my face kicks into overdrive.

yellorose

Try face oil. Contrary to some long held beliefs, oil isn't bad for the skin. Oil is good for the skin, but the petroleum based oils like mineral oil, white petrolatum, etc is bad. For some people, it can clog the skin. Look for such oils as shea butter, jojoba, and argan. These are just a few of the currently available "IT" oils that nourish, protect, and moisturize. These oils are emollients, they hold in moisture. jojoba and argan are known for being light and quick absorbing, so it will not sit on your face and look greasy. In fact, jojoba is said to closely resemble our natural sebum (natural face oil produced by our skin). Other ingredients to look for are humectants, these hold in or attract moisture. Hyaluronic acid is a common one in a lot of products, but unfortunately it is often an animal by product. I prefer to look for products that state they use a vegan source of hyaluronic acid.

feline5190

(0) Hearts

I concur with the face oil treatment.  I actually have extremely oily & acne prone skin, but I was noticing that my face was becoming flaky in areas (probably due to the acne treatments I apply).  So I started using oil, and it really helps in alleviating the flakiness and also makes my skin softer and actually less oily.  

lovelyred139

(0) Hearts

You could try adding a hydrating facial mist to your routine.  I'm a huge fan of rosewater products for hydration; they smell nice and they're lightweight.  Right now I'm in love with Mario Badescu's aloe and rosewater face mist.  It's quite inexpensive and doubles as a setting spray.  Another option is to skip the wash in the morning and instead do a quick swipe over your face with a hydrating toner. 

Have you looked into gel moisturizers?  If it's something specific to lotions that's causing your face to react, a gel might work better.

yellorose

(0) Hearts

i concur.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • kalex
    • yellorose