makeupjunkie004

Face primer

Can anyone recommend a good face primer without tint or any color; also i have oily skin. Please I need help.

makeupjunkie004

Re: Face primer

(0) Hearts

Thank you all for your advice. I really don't have a budget so I will try to try as many as I can. Thanks again. :smileyhappy:

msema

(0) Hearts

I have oily skin as well and have had the best success with MAC's Prep and Prime.  It's lotion-like and it not a mattifier, but surprisingly works very well.

M5Y3.jpg

kittichick

It depends on HOW oily your skin is.

If you've got only mildly oily skin, then most oil-free primers would probably be fine. Smashbox's primers are super popular as are Too Faced's.

If your skin is more moderately oily, I actually like Benefit's Porefessional and Dr. Brandt's Pores No More. Added bonus: they really do minimize the look of your pores. Note that these both look tinted when they come out of the tube, but are translucent on your skin.

If your skin is decidedly oily, then I'd go with Hourglass Mineral Veil primer. Actually, I'm sure it would work well with moderately oily skin too. ... I think it's hard to go wrong with HG's Mineral Veil, actually. Or, if you can find it (but you probably can't) MUFE's All-Mat is pretty effective.

Finally, if your skin is just way beyond crazy oily, give Becca's Ever-Matte a try. It is beyond powerful! I feel like i have the oiliest skin ever, but this stuff was a struggle, even for me. If you have anything resembling dry patches, don't use it. And you may want to practice putting on your foundation afterwards, because it makes it difficult.

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

I have slightly oily skin (mostly in Tzone), and primers with silicone just don't agree with me.  Primers in general tend to smother my skin and lead to hives, large and small hives/breakouts, etc.  

But even if you don't have sensitive skin like me -- I find that no matter how they claim to be "oil control" or "mattifying" primers with Silicone make my skin oilier by the end of the day, and usually sooner.  In fact, sometimes my make up slides off an hour after putting it on if I try a primer (silicone based).  It's a bummer for me because I love the silky feeling of primers when I first apply!

For something different, you could try Ardency Inn silicone free primer.  It has a nice scent, it is too scented for me but I am super sensitive to frangrance -- it should be fine for most people!

bmpnyc

(0) Hearts

i don't have oily skin, but i recently tried a sample of the Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Primer that I loved so much & probably will purchase in the future. No tint, pleasant scent, and I suspect it would work great for oily type skin

MarissaPasick

(0) Hearts

Benefit 15 hour stay flawless primer. As long as you don't touch your face through out the day, your make up will stick on like glue. Instagram @marissapasick

properandlovely

(0) Hearts

I used to use Hourglass and I loved it, but then I tried Smashbox Photo Finish primer about half a year ago and it has been my holy grail ever since

mlmac

(0) Hearts

The hourglass is fine but if you want awesome... the BECCA ever-matte poreless priming perfector is awesome.  Do not apply it to any dry/flaky skin but it will seriously help keep your oil at bay and your make-up stay on all day!

melde

(0) Hearts

Another vote for hourlgass. :smileyhappy:

KayyLynn

(0) Hearts

I am oily and my HG is Benefit Porefessional but I also enjoy the Hourglass that was mentioned previously as well. I have actually used up all my primers and these are the only two I plan to keep purchasing.

sarinalove

(0) Hearts

Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer all the way!

SugaredMagnolia

(0) Hearts

Another vote for Hourglass. I've tried so many and I still love it.

http://www.sephora.com/veil-mineral-primer-spf-15-P210575?skuId=1074442

Stilla's one step is my next one to try. I got a sample and love it!

http://www.sephora.com/one-step-correct-P269019?skuId=1277474

katherinef

(0) Hearts

http://www.sephora.com/pro-prime-pore-refining-primer-oil-free-P281401 

I've been using Nars Pro Prime oil free. I personally do not  like any of the smash box or the bare minerals primers as they have that greasy slippery feel. my suggestion would be to go to sephora and swab a few products on your hand in order to determine which texture is right for you. I have oily skin zones, and we put ourselves into these broad categories of skin types, but you have to figure out which kinds of products are best for your skin. In my experience I can tell something from a products consistently, is it sticky, gel-like, creamy, etc. some primers are formulated for photography, e.g. Smashbox, whereas others actually have ingredients that repair or enhance the skin, e.g. Nars.

mychoi

(0) Hearts

Ooh bare minerals primer works well for me! And they're always a bit more wallet friendly! :smileyhappy: the original one btw

vinga

(0) Hearts

I have combination skin, dry patches but SUPER oily T-zone!

I've tried so many face primers but found my perfect match when I tried Hourglass Mineral Veil primer =) I recommend you try it!

lilahtov

(0) Hearts

I love Hourglass primers. I personally call No. 28 Primer Serum my HG, but oily-skinned ladies tend to prefer Mineral Veil, as, No. 28 is packed with natural oils. Certainly test that one out!

makeupjunkie004

(0) Hearts

Thank you il be sure to try it. :smileyhappy:

sugarkenzie

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

upload_6365788983365382714.jpgIf you want to try the Hourglass primers, there's a small travel sized combo:

https://www.sephora.com/veil-mineral-primer-no-28-primer-serum-duo-29-value-P376097?skuId=1454172 

It shows up as out of stock online, but I found it in stores just fine.  

ManaGW

Benefit Cosmetics POREfessional! It's smooth and soft, while still being colorless. It holds foundation really well or you can wear it solo for a more natural look. :smileyhappy:

makeupjunkie004

Thank you so much! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • mlmac
    • sarinalove
    • vinga