xvee3

Face oils??

I've been hearing a lot of buzz over face oils so I've been meaning to give it a try. Currently deciding between...

1. Josie Maran Argan Oil
  2. Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil
  3. Tarte Maracuja Oil

Has anyone tried any of the three? Pros? Cons?

TeemaB

Re: Face oils??

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have never used the other 2 but I LOVE JM Argan Oil. I actually purchased the Light version last week and have been using it every morning and night on my face. Since it is winter time now my usual moisterizer doesnt do wonders for my dry skin anymore. But the JM Argan oil has! I kid you not after a week of using it I got soo many compliments on my skin by different random ppl. I would go to beauty counters and while they were helping me out they would tell me how I have an amazing complexion. My skin isnt flawless (I have dark spots from acne scars) but they all told me I have good skin texture bc its smooth and supple :smileyhappy: It really made my day that someone told me I had great skin and I wasnt any makeup  at all!

Heatoyos1

(0) Hearts

I've been trying JM argan oil for the past four nights. (I was really excited to try it because I got the $5 JM gift cards.) I'm kind of on the fence about it. I'm not sure if I'm slightly allergic to it, or something else at night, because when I go to bed with it on, my body has been getting itchy, but not really my face. However, when I wake up in the morning, my face is clearer, milky and my acne scars look lighter. So maybe I just happened to become seasonally allergic to something at the same time that I started using the argan oil...?

I'm excited to be getting some of the $10 Tarte Black Friday sets. I'm hoping I'll react even better to the maracuja oil.

lilyyy

(0) Hearts

Your body might be itchy because it's colder and drier now, have you tried a body oil?

MGJM

I got a sample of the Jack Black Nourishing Oil with one of my orders and I absolutely fell in love with it.  I've been using it for about a month now, and my skin is much less oily than it used to be and it looks a lot better too!

SallieSunshine

Oh cool! I actually just got a sample myself. Do you have any tips on using it? My skin is pretty oily, too, and I haven't gotten into the skin oil thing yet, though I'm definitely interested.

MGJM

I actually use the Urban Decay B6 spray right after I get out of the shower, then I put on the Jack Black oil...let it soak in for a couple of minutes, and then I apply my moisturizer (I switch back and forth between the Korres pomegranate balancing moisturizer and the Algenist pore correcting moisturizer).  For the last couple of weeks, I've been using the Boscia tsubaki oil at night and I really like that too :smileyhappy:

Luxeface86

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I think it depends on what you are needing in a facial oil. I needed to tone down my redness and brighten up my complexion as I am afflicted with many acne scars. The Tarte Maracuja Oil is my holy grail item. The very first day I used it, I noticed a big difference the next morning. And I've been a convert ever since. But it also ignited the desire to try other oils in hopes of finding even more powerful results...

Thus far, that Tarte oil is the best for my skin. I have oily/combo (dry/combo in winter) and it's perfectly suited for me and helps to calm and reduce breakouts. I also love that it's 100% Maracuja oil, cold-pressed, so I know there is nothing else that may bother my sensitive skin. I have tried a sample of the JM Argan oil and it was too heavy for me. But, if you suffer from more dry/dehydrated skin, it would probably be a good choice.

I haven't tried the Seaberry one yet, but it is the next one on my list. I have used Sibu Beauty's Moisturizing serum that has Seabuckthorn oil in it (giving the "Seaberry" name" and I LOVE it. I use it typically in the winter when I need an extra hit of hydration. I imagine the Seaberry oil would be very good. 

ChicDabbler

I have tried those three oils plus 4 more and listed the pros/cons here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/All-Other-Concerns/Facial-oil-comparison-break-down-moisturizer-kind...

Keep in mind everyone's skin reacts differently, but this should be able to help you put things in perspective with regards to skin type and what purpose at least.

kirstensf

(0) Hearts

My vote is for the Fresh Seaberry oil.  I have tried almost every oil Sephora carries, and this is one of my favorites.  It is rich in all the Omegas that your skin craves, and has a relaxing, herbal-y scent.

lovelykatya

(0) Hearts

I have tried both Josie Maran Argan oil and Tarte Maracuja Oil. I loved them both!!! I feel like Tarte Maracuja sinks into your skin much faster than Josie Maran oil. But that could be just me.

Both of them are very moisturizing and not greasy!!!

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I must have purchased a good 6 mini bottles in a little over a year of the josie maran, i love it ! i use it as my night time moisturizer, and just purchased the big size back in sept and im only 1/4 through. I have used the tarte maracuja and did not find it hydrating enough. I am combo skin (/dry in cold mons), it does not feel heavy at all to me, if anything it controls my oils. I have not tried the fresh seaberry but it is definitely on my list to try possibly in spring. my friend who has dry skin swears by it. 

lilyyy

If you like the Josie Maran argan oils, RUN to your JCP Sephora. They sell the regular $14 ones for only $5 as a gift card holder.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

thanks, im good though, not near a JCP. i just purchased a b/u of the larger size on monday from her website for 25% off

lissay

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

The Josie Maran Argan Oil was too oily for my face so I've been using the rest of my bottle on my arms, elbows and other dry areas. However, the Josie Maran Light is a different story, LOVE IT!!!  I use it every morning on my face. Don't know what I use to do without the stuff!

Nuke

(0) Hearts

Josie Maran's was too oily for my combo skin and I haven't tried the other two. However, I'd like to suggest Boscia's Tsubaki Beauty Oil! It's been amazing for my skin and doesn't make me overly oily.

http://www.sephora.com/tsubaki-beauty-oil-P377917?skuId=1494517

lilyyy

(0) Hearts

Have you tried the light version?

aliciapomolopez

(0) Hearts

I tried the Josie Maran  Argan Oil and luved it. I have combo skin but it worked very well. I would purchase the smaller bottle first  jus to make sure it will work for you then go for the big one. I've also tried the  Tarte oil and I like that too but to me it seemed more  suited to dry skin. Hth good luck!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • lissay
    • kirstensf
    • lovelykatya
    • aviscardi
    • lilyyy
    • ChicDabbler