Face makeup heeeellllpppp!

I am so frustrated. I set about about two months ago to find new face makeup because I noticed that my MAC studio fix powder was sliding off of my face by the end of my 12+ hour shift as a nurse. Within the past year or so, my face has become oily on my forehead, nose, and chin. Hello combination skin. I've always had dry dry dry skin before.  yes, I use a primer: Laura mercier classic primer. These are the following foundations that I have tried so far but have not lasted on my face:

laura mercier creme smooth: did not stay on my face AT ALL, my face looked wet all day

laura mercier oil free: too drying in spots and oilier in others

laura mercier silk creme: slides off my face at the end of the day

dior air flash: does anyone use this? It's really strange esp application. Not worth it for the $$$$

Some Chanel foundation that was stupid expensive too and didn't give me any coverage.

Bobbi brown: long wear even finish: looked SO dewy all day, looked like wearing sweating all day

SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!!!!!!!

oh and I use benefit moisturizer. Please help, I'm getting married in October and I need to not look ridiculous!

This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
Answered

Primer is your friend! Especially for oily skin. I use Smashbox Photo Finish Light. BUT, I would recommend you going to a Sephora and asking for a couple of samples to see what works best with your skin.

Question Stats
  • 7 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 8 in conversation