Manda

Eyeliner Help?

[ Edited ]

So I am looking for a everyday eyeliner color but I don't know if I really want black or not.  Brand doesn't matter, as long as it is easy to apply and doesn't smudge.  Also, it can be liquid or pencil.  As for colors, please do not give me anything that is violet or green or anything similar to that. I wish for something that is more natural.

My eye color is a medium brown and I have fair skin with medium brown hair. 

Any more questions, please feel free to ask! Thanks!

Manda

Re: Eyeliner Help?

So I decided to give an update: I ended up getting Starry Sky in the Sephora 12 hour.  I am probably going to be going back to get Clubbing Stilettos, Cocoa, and Cappuccino.  There are a couple of others I have been eyeing.  Thank you all for the help and ideas. :smileyvery-happy:

beeberz

i really like using dark eyeshadow as a powder eyeliner. its good to set pencil or gel liners too but some days, a softer liner look with a good matte shadow is an awesome alternative. Right now Im loving NARS coconut grove with an angled brow brush :smileyhappy:

sarah468

I really like UD Rockstar

Manda

I added Rockstar onto my likes and I will check it out in store, to see how it swatches on me.

aviscardi

my favorites for eyeliner pencils are UD, perversion , whiskey and demolition i use them both top and bottom ( i tend to stick to colored liners for the bottom only). If you find that your line isn't as sharp as another medium would be and you don't want to sharpen the pencil til it gets low enough. I like to use a flat definer or angled brush to smooth out the edges, just do one eye at a time. other neutral liners

- smog, hustle, bourbon

for gel my fave is bobbi brown black ink and sepia ink/ There are cheaper alternatives though like MUG immortal (i forget the full name), but ive just had mine for over a year now

for liquid i like the PF lash booster liner in ultra black to do a sharp wing. I might order the balm schwing liner because that appears to be a matte felt tip even though its in the "ink" style tube. they're having 50% off on friday

Manda

(0) Hearts

Thank you for throwing out other alternatives for me. I appreciate it. Makes me have to search at all these products (not that I mind).

Manda

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Thank you for posting everyone.  I am going to have to be looking at some liners now and.. I will also be checking out the Stila ones as well, since I know someone who wears them and loves them.

danimazz

(0) Hearts

Try Urban Decay's Rockstar - It's a deep purple/brown.  Very natural.  Dark, but softer than black.  Corrupt is also a good option - Dark brown.

manniface

So here is a bit of dissent in the crowd. I actually don't like UD liners. I find they smudge on me and it is difficult to get a fine line because it is so soft! If you are going by the way of the pencil i would recommend the stila ones.

manniface

(0) Hearts

Oooh you aren't just looking for pencil? My favorite is actually liquid liner because it dosnt melt into my lash line and it is easier to get it all off! I really liked eyeko when I tried it in a sampler kit and I am planning on buying the full size soon!

Manda

(0) Hearts

Nope, I am pretty easy going with eyeliners. I have used a lot of different varieties so I have become a pro at lining my eye. 

chupi

(0) Hearts

Stila ones are good, too! I don't own any, but I tested them in the store yesterday and they are as silky as UD's. Also a nice variety of color. They even have a mint green if you feel daring. I only chose UD over Stila yesterday because they had the color I was looking for.

chupi

[ Edited ]

Another vote for Urban Decay! They come in so many pretty colors. Try a brown or copper, maybe perhaps? They have the Ocho Loco set on their site for $60.

btmod2

(0) Hearts

Hi Manda,

My favorite eyeliners are the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils. They are the creamiest eye pencils I have ever used. They never tug on my eyelids, they glide on very easily and they last all day. If you're looking for a nice, natural color, you may want to try the shade Mushroom. Mushroom is a very beautiful taupe shade. It is a mix of a light brown and a gray and looks incredibly beautiful and natural on brown eyes. I hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

Best,

Randee

Alygal90

(0) Hearts

I agree with the other ladies - UD's eyeliners are great.

I also like Stila's smudge sticks - they have a new color called Deep Fuchsia. I LOVE it with my brown eyes. They also have a green shade called Moray... it's not a bright, unnatural color, it compliments browns eyes nicely. If you don't care for those colors, black, brown, and gray are all colors that work well with brown eyes.

nikki

(0) Hearts

I love UD's 24/7 liners. Perversion is a great black, and I love Whiskey for brown. I also like gray eyeliner too, when I don't want black, so Uzi is a great color. I find them easy to apply, and they last all day on my oily lids and waterline.

Manda

Thank you Nikki, for giving me ideas. I greatly appreciate it.  I was looking at the grays.. even maybe a coppery color though I was trying to imagine how it would look for an everyday eye.

sportiegirl

(0) Hearts

I love Urban Decay eye liners, 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils! They are awesome, they come in great colors (different tones of browns and blacks), and I have never had any problems with smudging :smileyhappy: Good luck!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • nikki
    • chupi
    • sarah468
    • Manda
    • aviscardi