Answer
lreagan
Eye cream for stubborn dark circles?
(0) Hearts

I have been trying several high end eye creams that are supposed to help diminish dark circles but nothing has helped so far. The ones I have tried are:

Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm

Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue

Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream

Boscia Enlivening Amino-AG Treatment

I have sensitive oily skin and fragrances tend to break me out. My dark circles are so awful they look like I have two black eyes. I believe they are hereditary and I'm beginning to lose hope in ever getting them to go away. I'm only 23 years old and I don't want to go through the rest of my life looking like a zombie! Please help a frustrated girl out!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
ChicDabbler
Answered

Dark circles have something to do with the blood vessels under your skin near your eyes, so there's only so much eye cream can do. It is hereditary, but it also have to do with how much sleep you are getting, how tired/stressed you are. For me, I have it every time I pull all nighters. Some eye cream like GinZing have brightening/illuminating particles so it dimish the appearance. It's light enough for oily skin and I recommend you try that.

I second the suggestion for Amazing Concealer. It's liquid so it doesn't look caked on even on fragile area like the eye, but it's very pigmented so it works great covering pimples, too! You can dot it on with your fingers, but for undereye area, I like one of those fluffy round concealer brush (a Sephora MUA used it on me once and now I'm hooked).

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 9 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • niki24
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • beautylovingirl
    • miabt
    • lreagan