Answer
Dream24
Eye Cream/Serum Recommendation For 24 Year Old

I'm looking for recommendations for an eye cream/serum that hydrates (the area around my eyes get really dry and my moisturizers doesn't do much to help) and help minimizes dark circles (I believe mine are due to stress and other stuff, and partially due to genetics). Ideally, I would also like the eye cream to work well underneath my makeup (if I need to apply it in the morning) and to spend less than $50, but am willing to spend more if it is worth it. Wrinkles, puffiness and lines are not a major concern at the moment.

Here's some background information. I am in my early 20s, with sensitive skin (allergic to soy) and combination skin (oily in t-zone area). I generally wear light makeup (powder or bb cream depending on the season), use mascara (not waterproof) and wash my face twice a day with a mild cleanser. I don't believe my eye makeup remover contributes to the dryness as it's pretty mild and I only recently switched from another brand.

I have tried a few eye creams with unsatisfying results. I followed the directions of each products exactly and nothing came from it after weeks of continuous use. All of the products below have been recommended by a beauty associate, all of which I have sampled/purchased. I have tried:

a) Benefit It's Potent Eye Cream - somewhat hydrating (would like it to be a bit more hydrating) but didn't do anything else it has made claims to

b) Sephora Age Defy Eye Cream - very hydrating, but then it started becoming too greasy with just a minimal amount and I noticed waxy flakes in the morning just from 1 week of use

c) Fresh Lotus Eye Gel - started off ok but then it went down hill. It left the area around my eyes stinging and red. It's the second time that it's happened to me with the Fresh brand, so I suspect I am sensitive to something in their products

d) Korres Wild Rose Instant Brightening Eye Treatment - recently picked this up and am still undergoing a trial period but I am starting to experience some slight stinging of the skin underneath my eyes

I would love to hear what people have to recommend. Thanks in advance for your help.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
janinebt
Answered

Hi Dream24,

I would recommend giving Tarte's Maracuja eye cream.It moisturizes, fades dark circles, and has a lovely lightweight consistency that is very hydrating.

swfupload_821069815047366905.jpg

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Dream24
(0) Hearts
Hi Janine, thanks for the suggestion, sounds like something that would address my concerns. Hopefully this works out after a trial period.
MoreGun89
As a note, the maracuja cream works really well underneath Tarte's maracuja creaseless concealer if you need to have an immediate result for the day, but contain maracuja oil (obviously :smileytongue: ) which contains a large amount of vitamin C which brightens and evens skin tone marvelously :smileyvery-happy: Good luck!
Dream24
(0) Hearts
Thanks for the helpful note MoreGun89 :smileyhappy: I might give this a try during those really, really bad days
Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 6 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • cherrybombtastic
    • janinebt
    • MoreGun89
    • FayeCouturexo
    • Dream24
Photos1
  • swfupload_821069815047366905.jpg