EXPERT SKINCARE Q&A

Sephoraadmin

EXPERT SKINCARE Q&A

[ Edited ]

This thread is now closed. Thank you for everyone who participated! If your question did not get answered, Ole and Dr. Gross will do their best to post more responses later in the week. Also to those who asked questions, look out for a little gift of appreciation from the brands!

Beautiful skin is just a question away.  Visit this thread on January 25 between 12pm-3pm PST to participate in our live skincare Q&A with leading New York City dermatologist Dr. Dennis Gross and celebrity skincare expert Ole Henriksen. Ask them anything—from how to manage acne to which moisturizer is best for your skin type. On January 25, ask your questions in the thread below and our experts will answer them, in real-time. 

Be sure to "subscribe" to this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered. (Check the “Subscriptions" box on the right side of the post page).

Ole H.jpg

Ole Henriksen: 12 – 1:30pm PST
Learn more about Ole Henriksen> http://seph.me/zWdGd6           

Dr. Gross.jpg 

Dr. Dennis Gross: 1:30-3:00pm PST

Learn more about  Dr. Dennis Gross> http://seph.me/xLRvIB

drdennisgross

Re: EXPERT SKINCARE Q&A

(0) Hearts

katherinemarie wrote:

I have combonation, almost dry at times. Age 21, female, no acne. My skin isn't really sensitive either. I just had a baby so I am slightly concerned with signs of aging as well. I want a skincare routine that is simple. If you could choose only 3 products for me to use, what would they be?

Katherine-Congratulations on the recent birth of your child.  (I have 4 children).  In terms of a routine you need to Cleanse, Treat, Moisturize & Protect Skin.

The All in One Cleanser with Toner is gentle, non drying, removes makeup and does a deep cleanse.

The Alpha Beta Face Peel is an amazing multi tasking product and can easily be worked into a daily routine, especially if you are busy mom. Use it after cleansing and before moisturizing. It is a treatment product that will help to improve the overall health of skin with consistent use. It is anti-aging, brightening, complexion clearing, perfect for sensitive skin.  To get accelerated results you could try my new Extra Strength Version.

As a new mom I know sleep is hard to come by, but it’s the #1 way to help our skin as-it helps with immunity and regeneration. You can repair skin while you sleep with a great moisturizer like Hydra Pure Intense Moisture cream if you are concerned with anti aging.

Dr. Dennis Gross

olehenriksen

katherinemarie wrote:

I have combonation, almost dry at times. Age 21, female, no acne. My skin isn't really sensitive either. I just had a baby so I am slightly concerned with signs of aging as well. I want a skincare routine that is simple. If you could choose only 3 products for me to use, what would they be?

Hi Katherine,

I would have to recommend my 3 Little Wonders - they are perfect for brightening the complexion and prventing the signs of aging. Step 1: Truth Serum - Used in the AM (applied to a clean face), this potent serum packed with Vitamin C will brighten, hydrate and help to maintain firm, supple skin. Step 2: Sheer Transformation - Used in the AM (and PM) after applying Truth Serum, I like to refer to this product as more of a treatment moisturizer. It will hydrate and brighten your complexion. Step 3: Invigorating Night Gel - Used in the PM (applied to a clean face), this concentrated treatment gel based on algae and fruit acids will help to gently exfoliate your skin to ensure active cell renewal, more refined pores and firmer skin texture. You would follow with Sheer Transformation.

P124716_hero.jpg

I originally developed this kit and called it the Skincare Transformation Set - my clients came back and told me it worked wonders on their skin, so I changed the name to "Three Little Wonders"

Cheers - Ole

bco003

What's the best skincare routine to treat and prevent back acne?

drdennisgross

(0) Hearts

bco003 wrote:

Hi-Body acne is similar to the acne you get on your face, oil glands (pores) fill or clog with oil and bacteria get trapped in that canal. The germs reproduce and pimples form on the skin’s surface. Sometimes body acne can be cured without a trip to the dermatologist.

It is important to cleanse the skin and I recommend a Moisturizing Body Wash used in conjunction with the Alpha Beta® Daily Body Peel.  The Alpha Beta® Daily Body Peel is a two-step system used to treat and prevent problems such as backne. It was developed to help open clogged oil glands and blackheads that are implemented in the formation of acne. Another good idea would be to steam the area before applying. This is another great way to unblock pores on the back.

Dr. Dennis Gross

olehenriksen

[ Edited ]

bco003 wrote:

The key is that you don't want to overtreat or be aggressive with that area. For the first week (1x per night), fill your sink with warm water - you want to take a cup of sea salt and mix it in. Dip a think towel (like a dish towel) and lay it across your back (do this for about 5 minutes at a time) - so that it binds with your skin. The sea salt will take down the redness and inflammation. You will see a tremendous calming in the skin at which point you would use my loofah body scrub (ask a friend, wife, husband) to help you scrub your back 2-3x / week. The menthol will purify and reduce inflammation (a natural astringent) and the scrub will gently exfoliate and dislodge any debris. Follow with my all purpose aloe gel to soothe, calm and heal. These two steps alone will provide tremendous benefits. The secret from here on out is to do the body scrub once a week and make sure to regularly clean and exfoliate the skin. If you have a particularly stubborn spot, treat with roll on blemish attack.

Another great way to treat back acne is to cut out excess sugars in your diet and if you're working out - make sure to change out of your gym clothes afterwards and shower.

Cheers - Ole

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 172 replies
  • 72 hearts
  • 85 in conversation
    • Sephoraadmin
    • almd
    • antie96
    • suema
    • desertrosa