Sephoraadmin

EXPERT SKINCARE Q&A

[ Edited ]

This thread is now closed. Thank you for everyone who participated! If your question did not get answered, Ole and Dr. Gross will do their best to post more responses later in the week. Also to those who asked questions, look out for a little gift of appreciation from the brands!

Beautiful skin is just a question away.  Visit this thread on January 25 between 12pm-3pm PST to participate in our live skincare Q&A with leading New York City dermatologist Dr. Dennis Gross and celebrity skincare expert Ole Henriksen. Ask them anything—from how to manage acne to which moisturizer is best for your skin type. On January 25, ask your questions in the thread below and our experts will answer them, in real-time. 

Be sure to "subscribe" to this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered. (Check the “Subscriptions" box on the right side of the post page).

Ole H.jpg

Ole Henriksen: 12 – 1:30pm PST
Learn more about Ole Henriksen> http://seph.me/zWdGd6           

Dr. Gross.jpg 

Dr. Dennis Gross: 1:30-3:00pm PST

Learn more about  Dr. Dennis Gross> http://seph.me/xLRvIB

phillygirl71

Re: EXPERT SKINCARE Q&A

(0) Hearts

hi there... I'm not an expert but this sounds like milia to me. I get them every once in awhile -- they are like little cysts under your skin.  A dermatologist or aesthetician can **bleep** them and remove them for you. Hope this helps!

olehenriksen

beautyfull wrote:

I'm 32 and I have what looks like a whitehead pimple formed above my eyebrow, but it's not a pimple, it's just a formed white bump that is hard.  It's not a mole, but I don't know what it is, or if there is a way I can treat it or have it removed?  I've had this hardened bump for a few years now.Please help.

Hi Beautyfull,

What I have experienced from my many years of treating skin at the spa is that milia (a white head / black head) can build up under the skin and form a lump and it is really again that the sebum has oxidated and hardened and it stays trapped. I would recommend that you go to a dermatologist and have it removed - they will need to use a tiny lancet to remove it.

To prevent these from happening in the future, be sure to exfoliate regularly and use a complexion as a part of your daily cleansing routine.

A great exfoliator is my walnut scrub:

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P42318&categoryId=B70

Cheers - Ole

peabody

(0) Hearts

A dermatologist can remove that in about 30 seconds! I have had the same thing. 

praistyle

(0) Hearts

I have the same exact thing in the same exact spot how odd. I have been trying to figure that out too! 

gurushroomoo

(0) Hearts

WHere are the replies from Ole? I'm new here and not understanding this. I dont see where there are any replies, so am testing this to see if it is showing up or am I in the wrong spot?

alexasmom

(0) Hearts

I had the same thing happen to me in the middle of my forehead shortly after i started using the Clinique laserfocus repairwear. I stopped using that stuff and the pimple thing was there for about 4 months. Every now and then i would try to squeeze it and it did eventually pop and was this little round ball. Hope this helps!

antie96

(0) Hearts

im 15 yrs old  n have dark circles wat should i do ? should i use eyecream?

drdennisgross

(0) Hearts

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- antie96 wrote:

shoul i be using eyecream im 15 yrs old plz n thx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes dark circles are the result of hyperpigmentation, and leaves areas of the skin that are permanently darker than the rest of the face due to sun damage, hormonal fluctuations, or genetics.   Other things that can contribute to dark circles are lack of sleep or extreme stress, so be sure to get your rest. The skin around the eye area is also prone to a phenomenon called solar elastosis – the breakdown of collagen and elasticity. Because skin in this area is so thin, there is a paradoxal need for a specially formulated cream that is both strong yet gentle. Yes, you can use an eye cream-I recommend my Lift & Lighten Eye Cream, which is specifically formulated with light diffusers that will further brighten the eye area.  When layered over a serum (Hydra-Pure® Firming Serum), this combination will make dark circles virtually disappear, while active ingredients work towards a long-term solution. Vitamin D is an important anti-oxidant from nature that is necessary for one’s overall hearth and stimulates the building of collagen when applied on the under eye area. Vitamin D also replenishes the skin with moisture, boasts elasticity, and creates luminosity. Try Active Vitamin D Serum-Oil too.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P78325&categoryId=5668

Dr. Dennis Gross

olehenriksen

antie96 wrote:

im 15 yrs old  n have dark circles wat should i do ? should i use eyecream?

Hi Antie 96,

Dark circles are a result of genetics, poor circulation and sometimes food allergies. Couple of things that you could try:

(1) Truth Is In The Eyes - which is a gently exfoliating eye peel followed by Total Truth Eye Creme SPF 15 - which is a great day creme that includes my Omega 3 Happiness Concentrate (to improve circulation) will be a great eye treatment.

P268417_hero.jpg

(2) You may also want to look into exercise that can improve your circulation - like yoga! Also - with your new complexion sponges, make sure that you do not neglect the eye region. While they will exfoliate, they are also gentle.

(3) You may finally want to think about your diet or see an allergist to see if there is something in your diet that may be causing the dark circles. I am a firm believer that diet will ver much impact the health of your skin.

Cheers - Ole

suema

(0) Hearts

How exciting to be able to ask an expert a question about skin care !!! My question is that I have been thinking about buying the product that you endorse , Ole,the vitamin c serum  that I have seen on qvc. What is the percentage of vitamin c in this product and does it promote collagen production.? I undestand that it will  improve skin clarity .I currently use the vitamin c turbo booster powder from philosophy and Im not sure if your product  will be more potent. .  

olehenriksen

suema wrote:

How exciting to be able to ask an expert a question about skin care !!! My question is that I have been thinking about buying the product that you endorse , Ole,the vitamin c serum  that I have seen on qvc. What is the percentage of vitamin c in this product and does it promote collagen production.? I understand that it will  improve skin clarity .I currently use the vitamin c turbo booster powder from philosophy and Im not sure if your product  will be more potent. .  

Hi Suema,

I am really also very excited to be talking to you live as well. This is my first online chat. What a treat! Truth Serum Collagen Booster is our #1 selling product around the world - and I do highly recommend it. If fact, it is the one thing that I would need to have if stranded on a desert island. We do not share our concentration of Vitamin C (it's a carefully guarded secret) but I do think that you will begin to see results: brightening, gradual evening of skin tone, improved hydration ... and yes, firming with faithful and continued use. Vitamin C is crucial to collagen production in our skin - and great for our health as well. If you visit your local Sephora - I am sure that one of the cast members would be happy to provide you with a sample so that you can try it and see how it works first hand.

Cheers - Ole

lawig4usc

(0) Hearts

The Vitamin C serum sounds great, I'll definitely try it as well!

suema

(0) Hearts

Well Im sold !!!

antie96

what is the best way to cleanse your skin is it upward n otward circular strokes?

Cathryn

(0) Hearts

I see you're a beauty buff not a newcomer, and I don't have an answer to your question but I was wondering if you knew where the replies to the questions are? I use a Mia and do little circles all over and outward around my face.

antie96

(0) Hearts

hey newcomer n the replies r on the dicussion board just read diff questions but it seems ole hasnt answered many questions make sure ure subsribed to this discussion board so u can see the reply for ure answer. n omg i always wanted to try the mia but its a lil to steep for me n yes upward n otward strokes u dont rly need any circlar movements while ure cleansing ure face ure mia already does that hope i helped:smileyhappy:

Cathryn

Trust me, I would have NEVER bought the Mia for myself!! It was , thankfully, a christmas gift! So far though it's worth the money that was paid for it. It kinda exfoliates while it washes so my face is staying pretty soft and smooth. And thank you for your response!! I see the answers now!!

drdennisgross

(0) Hearts

ckeifer90 wrote:

Trust me, I would have NEVER bought the Mia for myself!! It was , thankfully, a christmas gift! So far though it's worth the money that was paid for it. It kinda exfoliates while it washes so my face is staying pretty soft and smooth. And thank you for your response!! I see the answers now!!

I wanted to let you know that our All in One Cleanser with Toner Pairs very well with the Clarisonic.  Another tip is to use the Alpha Beta Glow Pad with the Clarisonic.'

~Dr. Dennis Gross

Cathryn

(0) Hearts

Thank you!! I've been looking for a new cleanser because my mom gave me samples to try but they only sell it in Korea so I haven't had any luck!! Now I know what to try!! Thanks again!

olehenriksen

antie96 wrote:

what is the best way to cleanse your skin is it upward n otward circular strokes?

Hi Antie 96,

Yes, absolutely - I would also recommend to use a complexion sponge when you cleanse because it will gently exfoliate and they will confirm to face and help to get a thorough cleanse - in every nook and cranny.

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P0402&categoryId=B70

Cheers - Ole

katherinemarie

I have combonation, almost dry at times. Age 21, female, no acne. My skin isn't really sensitive either. I just had a baby so I am slightly concerned with signs of aging as well. I want a skincare routine that is simple. If you could choose only 3 products for me to use, what would they be?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 172 replies
  • 72 hearts
  • 85 in conversation
    • Sephoraadmin
    • almd
    • antie96
    • suema
    • desertrosa
    • bianca1223