MintShake

Dry skin

I've been noticing that my face is really dry. It's itchy and it's very irritated. Even when I try to wash it with water, it hurts, and my dry skin is peeling. Does anybody have any suggestions, or products that can help?

MintShake

Re: Dry skin

(0) Hearts

Thank you

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

I don't have your skin type, but I just wanted to pop on here and say "Keep your chin up" and "I'm sorry!"  Having ANY skin issues is miserable!

have you looked into Murad's green skin care line?  All the packaging has a green stripe on it and is designed to hydrate and soothe.  I've used their products and have been very impressed with everything actually doing what it says it will.

drrragon

(0) Hearts

Take it from someone who's had a lifelong struggle with eczema....if your face is dry to the point that it's itchy and irritated, you should be using the most inert facial moisturizer you can find.  One without weird stuff that could have the slightest potential for irritating your skin.  This includes any fragrance.

The most popular ones for this type of hyper-sensitive skin prone to irritation are Cetaphil and Cerave.  Both lines have good gentle cleansers and gentle lotions or creams, personally I greatly prefer Cerave.

Yes, they are boring, so you might consider using the gentle cleanser/lotion until your face is no longer irritated, then switching back to whatever products you normally use.

And actually, is it possible that your normal products are causing the irritation?  If there are harsh ingredients or fragrances that you're allergic to, those can definitely lead to redness, irritation, and itchiness.

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

I agree on the Argan oil! But after trying the Infinity cream Josie Maran came out with, i'm in love with that so much more. The Argan oil was helpful to stop flaking a dryness to an extent, but my face was beyond dry from acne products. I used the Infinity cream, and my skin isn't flaking at all now and feels so much better. I use it every other night as my night cream. But you can use it as a mask or pat it on after a night cream. Many many ways to use it. And it's very affordable. $28 for 2.2 oz i think. Amazing price.

MintShake

Thank you

dianabt

Hi MintShake, 

I agree that you should try the Josie Maran Argan Oil which is super hydrating and soothing for even the most irritated skin. Have you switched your cleansers or been using any new products? It sounds like you could be suffering more from an allergy from a new product, something in your diet, or change in weather. If it doesnt' get better after switching to a creamier cleanser and moisturizer, definitely check with your doctor for a solution.

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
babybear04

I highly recommend Josie Maran's Argan Oil as a moisturizer.  It's free of all the unecessary chemicals in a lot of products, and does an excellent job of moisturizing skin.  Also, a little drop is all you need, so a little goes a long way.  This product works well during the day under makeup, however I prefer it as night so my skin can soak it up while I'm sleeping.  Also good for your hair and cuticles.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Josie Maran - Argan Oil

http://www.sephora.com/argan-oil-P218700?skuId=1121797

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • dianabt
    • drrragon