Oliviolet

Dry skin . Acne prone . Moisturizer? . Cleanser?

I have dry skin that becomes oily throughout the day in the T-zone. I also break out frequently, and lately it has seen really bad because I can't find a cleanser or moisturizer that works. Before I only broke out on my forehead, but now it's on my chin and cheeks also. I have tried Clinique, Shiseido, Derma Doctor, and Kate Somerville. I can't seem to find something that can control my acne. Please help!

DesertRose0706

Re: Dry skin . Acne prone . Moisturizer? . Cleanser?

(0) Hearts

I posted an answer to another post yesterday that I think applies to your question as well :smileyhappy:. Here it is:

Your skin sounds very similar to mine. I am 25, have dryer skin that can get oily during the day if I use the wrong products. I also get bad breakouts if I am not diligent in my skincare routine. Here are some products that work really well for me:

For acne specifically:

DDF 5% benzoyl peroxide cream with tea tree oil - i apply this to my face every night before bed and it really helps keep most of my blemishes away. i used to use the clean and clear persa gel 10 which is 10% benzoyl preoxide, but this one by DDF works soo much better! i get this from UltaPeter Thomas Roth 10% sulfur mask - i use thi s mask a couple times a week and i notice that it really helps to target deeper, cystic type acne. i got mine from sephorakate somerville's eradikate acne treatment - this is a 10% sulfur spot treatment that i apply on any blemishes at night before bed. this really helps clear them up faster.

Moisturizers:

Korres sleeping facials (both greek yoghurt and wild rose are amazing)murad hydrodynamic ultimate moisture - i will aplly either the korres or murad at night over my ddf creamJosie Maran Argan oil - i use this as my moiturizer in the moirning - moisturizes my skin without causing it to get oily

Face wash:

I really like korres milk proteins cleanser and the clnique liquid facial soap in mild. both clean my skin very well (i use them with my clarisonic) and they dont dry out my skin. I have tried many lush cleansers and the first aid beauty cleanser, but the lush ones usually dont clean my skin as well and the FAB one dries my skin out

Serum:

I really like the Murad Advacned Active RAdiance serum. i apply this at night and in the morning, and it really makes my skin look amazing and glowy

eye creams:

i like the origins ginzing eyecream for in the morning, but i havent really found an eyecream i like for nighttime.

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 heart
  • 2 in conversation
    • DesertRose0706
    • Oliviolet