allsephora

Dry shampoo

What is the best working dry shampoo to use for hair that has missed a shampoo or two?

BuxomBabe80

Re: Dry shampoo

(0) Hearts

ALTERNA Cleanse Extend Translucent Dry Shampoo is really nice!

1SultrySCENTNut

(0) Hearts

Im HUGE fan of DRY BAR'S " DRTOX" dry Shampoo. It works miracles. I was on a 7 day ,otorcycle trip ( had no where to was anything - we slept under the starts...Yeah, sounds romantic right - NOT...I was filthy! Evert morning  and at every stop where other people were, I would spray the "DETOX"in my hair and it made it look and smell clean and also gave me a quaint scent of smelling clean ( along with my LaVanilla vanilla-lavender and a small plastic bottle that I filled up with VIVA LA JUICY that I had t made it last  7 days  and I ran out of the EDT around the 4-5thday, possibly from evaporation.

But, DRY BAR's "DETOX" waterless spray on shampoo worked wonders,now I always keep a bottle of it in my beauty stash just incase I need it for a day or weekend ever again  :smileyhappy:

KendraKendra

(0) Hearts

Watch out for alcohol amounts in these dry shampoos! I used batiste for awhile and it caused alot of breakage. I use Lulu Organics dry shampoo and it works awesome!

MegEm

Klorane dry shampoo with Oat Milk is my favorite; I've tried T3, Oscar Blandi, and Bumble and Bumble, and the Klorane gives the best oil-reduction without stickiness or texture problems; if I put it on at night, when I wake up in the morning it has perfectly refreshed my hair and given it some volume.

deannarp

(0) Hearts

I use Batiste and love it. I've tried the Drybar dry shampoo and although it worked better than Batiste, the strong perfume smell gave me a headache (and I usually love scents). It had to go back.

infinitise

(0) Hearts

I have oily scalp but dry hair.. so I tried almost every dry shampoos that other people loved.. 

but I always end up just washing my hair.. (I wake up and do some dry shampoo to see if its "enough" so I don't have to check last minute and be left with no choice but to go somewhere with hair dirty) 

my favorite or something I feel like works at least a bit is the Oscar Blandi powder shampoo. it smells very nice, and works pretty well too. 

notcreative

I have the same type of hair you do, and I have tried a lot of dry shampoos as well.

This one is the best I have tried.  I buy it from Ulta.  It costs $34.00, but it lasts me longer than aerosols thus worth the price.

KeratinComplex.jpg

infinitise

Oh wow I have never seen this 

but Thank you so much ! 

I tried so hard for a while not to wash my hair everyday but I just seemed "incapable" of skipping them.. 

hopefully this will help ! :smileyhappy: 

jenfromnyc

I LOVE the Amika dry shampoo. It smells awesome and works great! Unfortunately, Sephora doesn't sell it but I wish they did! You can find it at many other places though.

nightknight

(0) Hearts

I use Klorane's Dry Shampoo. I find that it doesn't leave much behind if you comb it through. My hair gets oily really quickly, so this is a wonderful product to freshen things up between washes.

annekevdb

(0) Hearts

I've been happy with Suave dry shampoo, if you are wanting to try a drug store brand. 

vanillammm

Lots of great options mentioned. I am an avid dry shampoo user (Batiste Tropical is my all time fave).

I like to spray it through my roots at night before I go to bed (dont even brush it through - just go straight to the pillow), and then when I wake up in the morning my hair looks better than freshly washed - because it also has some volume to it. And I don't have to worry about any white or powdery residue because the product is all worked into my hair by the time sunrise rolls around...

Hope you find one you love!

makeupobesessed

(0) Hearts

have you tried the batiste color for blending roots?  I'm always looking for a new dry shampoo, but on ulta website, I dont see tropical.

vanillammm

(0) Hearts

I don't care for the scent of the color versions. Tropical is harder to find in stores - I buy it online.

I like the original scent though. The blush and cherry scents are nice, but pretty strong.

hydee77

(0) Hearts

I haven't tried any of the below suggestions before but I like Klorane's dry shampoo because it eliminates oil and makes my hair feel real soft after I use it.

anabob

i swear by bumble and bumble dry shampoo. i use the white hair powder aerosol because i have light blonde hair, but i believe it comes in a few different colors to match your hair. its quick and easy, and gives you a little volume:smileyhappy: 

dianabt

Hi allsephora, 

I have another tip! If you want to add more volume to your hair along with the dry shampoo, try something in an aerosol format. If you have extra greasy hair, powders that you have to literally pour or shake onto the scalp are better for that. Then you can follow up with a hairspray or spray wax/gel. :smileyhappy:

I love the Alterna Bamboo Beach Dry Shampoo with the mango scent:

http://www.sephora.com/bamboo-beach-mango-coconut-refreshing-dry-shampoo-P386129?skuId=1603109

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
superkawaiikat

I have yet to try it, but lots of people recommendations love Batiste's dry shampoo. They have the original product formulated for specific hair colors for a dollar extra. I think they retail for $8-$9. If you want to spend a little extra cash, Bumble and Bumble has a powder that acts as a dry shampoo and volumizer. pret.jpgbatiste-dry-shampoo-dark-and-deep-brown-200ml_picnik.jpg

RandeeBT

[ Edited ]

Hi allsephora!

My favorite dry shampoo is Drybar's Detox Dry Shampoo. It is completely translucent so it is invisible in the hair. I have found that this dry shampoo gives my hair a ton of volume and makes my hair look freshly washed. :smileyhappy:

Best,
Randee
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 17 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • hydee77
    • dianabt
    • jenfromnyc
    • makeupobesessed